Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 1/2 week plan

DH came home last night and loved his office.

Yppej
    Two other recruiters will be contacting me Monday, one at lunchtime and one after work. Each has positions even closer to home than the one I interviewed at.

Yay for a happy dh and potential better jobs!

teacher terry, I hope he is motivated to build on your success.

Yesterday a friend dropped by to bring me some materials she was clearing out of her house that will be useful in one of my classes and we had a good visit. Dh and I went out for a game night with some other friends.

i (mostly, needs a little more work) cleaned out a second kidding stall and dumped the used bedding in a useful spot in the garden.

i ran a load of laundry that included two “new” (thrift store) pairs of heavy weight jeans for barn work and tried on and evaluated all the pants in one of my drawers. Got rid of two older basically unwearable pairs of jeans.

did my “5 minutes” in the garage.

sent out an email to all of my parents in two classes. I have been putting it off for two weeks, and of course it was far easier than expected.

Doing well with the decluttering books and also on decluttering my own books. I took a box of books to the Goodwill, along with a box of china, and while there found a wonderful glass bowl for 3 dollars--so that was a good trade!

We decluttering a Computer yesterday at Best Buy.

I sent a book from decluttering to my dad's friend, and sent my son 5 of the 8 champagne glasses I have for him. Now just need a new shipping box, and can finish with the champagne glasses and a serving bowl left over from his Christmas shipment. I will also put his prom pictures in there!

I've had 5 very small (like 2.5") framed prints on the narrow kitchen wall beside my pantry. They've been bugging me for awhile. I took them down yesterday morning. I don't miss them. The wall looks "cleaner". Above them was an embroidered cloth tortilla warmer that was a Christmas gift a few years ago. I've moved it down to eye level and I love this new look.

When you decluttered long long ago and you don't shop, there's not much left that doesn't get used or doesn't feel right.

These are in the thrift store box along with another item I tired of early January. It will likely take the year to fill that box!

Good job on the decluttering Tybee!

how are the music and the planner going?

Gardnr, do you have a plan you are following? Do you want to share it?

yesterday I
    spent time with dh - who was actually home all day for a change!
    cleaned a plant tray so I can plant in it
    actually made good food choices
    Did my five minute garage task
    puttered around the house picking up and making things more orderly, including cleaning out two shelves of a cabinet to make space for materials for one of my new classes that have been becoming an ever larger pile due to not having a home.
    answered a student e-mail and arranged for a sub for my class on a day that I will be covering another class because my class is easier to match with a qualified sub.

i feel like I am starting to get a better sense of what “normal” is for me - for years (decades?) I have had a vision of “normal” that meant every single day was an exception. (Normally I would xyz, but today....illness/overschedule/emergency/special event/recovery/exhaustion/travel...) the days I was calling “normal” were more like days of grace. It was hard for me to see because the exceptions that kept getting added to my vision of “normal” were always different and often one time events. But now,without children growing and changing they are often recurring. And I can see that they were recurring before, I was just being too specific. “Things will get back to normal when soccer/swimming/cross country/gymnastics/swimming/track/lacross/swimming ends” was actually “sports practice is now and for the foreseeable future a significant part of our lives. Not an add-on.”

and then as the spaces opened up from the things that were preventing “normal” I just added more things - oh, now we have time to... which is fine, but I need to recognize that if I add something to my life, it becomes part of “normal”.

CL, it seems like you are finally realizing that you can only do so much in 24 hours)

Nope, I have always known I could only do so much in 24 hours - it’s just that I have always resented that some of it had to be rest. I am learning to be less angry about that. Not accepting it, just becoming less angry. I think in part from having experienced the horrible anemia and being more greatful for what I can do. I’m sure that will wear off.

i am also learning that all those things that I was going to do when life “got back to normal” weren’t being blocked by all the other things - well they were, because I kept committing to the other things. I knew I didn’t want to do the “normal” things, I just wasn’t recognizing that I was scheduling all that stuff in part to block them. Because I did want to have the normal things done, but I didn’t want to do them. So I did things I wanted to do instead.

things that I could argue were more important.

and part of that was relationship expectations and communication that dh and I are still working on.

And honestly, I still don’t know how to put my priorities (pottery) ahead of dh priorities (food, clean house) more than rarely. (In part because I realize that “normal” people would list “food and a clean house” ahead of “poverty level career in art”), but I am still angry that I am the one who ends up having to address those things and that afterwards I am worn down and end up resting instead of creating.

so, maybe a little early for congratulations.

So maybe a ranking system for things besides food and house. That could help you decide. I am assuming the farm animals/chores rank higher than pottery too but pottery is probably a lot more fun to do.

Yppej
    Neither recruiter called me. I have noticed female recruiters are good and male recruiters are flaky. YMMV. I guess if I want to leave I will have to look on my own after all.

Thread Information