Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 6 1/2 week plan

I will say if I havent alread said it: the idea of 7,000 email messages in my inbox fills me with horror and dread. Each day my goal is to clean out my inbox, and sometimes that means Read and Delete, sometimes it means Keep for a While and Move to appropriate Sub File.

yes, I am So happy that I can now o just that!

So, in general, keeping up with the exercise, eating ok on average, found the stuff I need to start my seeds today but still didn’t start them, spent a little over two hours in the studio including throwing six pots and wedging up 13 more balls of clay. Have my lesson plans ready for Tuesday/th (but need to gather a few materials) most of Wednesday and half of Friday. One paper left to check - maybe. it’s late. Six weeeks late, and I started checking it and then realized the kid is going to get an F anyway, won’t bother to read my corrections, and isn’t going to learn anything from this experience except that doing his work late for an F is marginally better than not doing it at all and getting a zero. (Because it will be a solid F (in the 40s), he will probably pass on classwork and participation, and two zeros on major projects and I don’t give you credit for the class at all. I might just give him a 45 and never return the paper.)

CL, good keeping up!

I'll advocate for not checking the paper. My philosophy was always that the teacher should not be doing twice as much work as the student.

Yppej
    I applied for my first job on my own.

Good luck Yppej!

i got an e-mail from the same kid tonight - I offered to meet with him last week and proposed some possible times - last week. His reply to that email, sent today, was “sounds good!”

i pointed out that the email was from from last week, gave him my availability this week, and told him he would need to email me the night before at the latest and I would confirm before school started the next day if I was still available.

today I spent the afternoon in my studio - wedging clay and cleaning up. I can see a difference. It is more inviting and there is more room to work. Not plenty, but enough. I am ready to put a handle on in the morning before work. Slow and steady.

i also started my first flat of seeds. I thought I was late but when I got out the packets, I realized I had my dates wrong and I am right on time!

CL, Congrats on getting your seeds started right on time! Wedging clay and cleaning up sounds good too. Glad you are able to see a difference, it's nice to have room to work.

Yppej
    The job (on Indeed) asked if I was a resident of the town where the company is. I thought that odd. I get not wanting to pay to relocate someone, but you can't commute from an adjacent community? I answered honestly No so maybe I am out of the running for that job. Has anyone else run into this?

Also applied for an internal job closer to home but I know I will not get it. They do not hire women for these jobs although I have 9 years of relevant experience. A friend of mine applied for the same position in another location and is even more qualified than me. She did get an interview but told me it was apparent they did not want a woman.

Last year I applied for the same job. The person they picked started in July and is already out. Last year they told me the position was "just filled" when in fact one of my sources in the company told me it was not.

The kid scheduled a meeting. I confirmed. The kid did not show up.

yppej,that seems like the kind of thing that should be reported somewhere - wherever it is that they send fake candidates with identical resumes but different genders to apply for the job to prove discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The job (on Indeed) asked if I was a resident of the town where the company is. I thought that odd. I get not wanting to pay to relocate someone, but you can't commute from an adjacent community? I answered honestly No so maybe I am out of the running for that job. Has anyone else run into this?

Also applied for an internal job closer to home but I know I will not get it. They do not hire women for these jobs although I have 9 years of relevant experience. A friend of mine applied for the same position in another location and is even more qualified than me. She did get an interview but told me it was apparent they did not want a woman.

Last year I applied for the same job. The person they picked started in July and is already out. Last year they told me the position was "just filled" when in fact one of my sources in the company told me it was not.
    It is common in localgovernment jobs to require residency or at least to have a residency preference, but it doesn’t sound like this is a government job

Thread Information