Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 1/2 week plan

That’s terrible Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Neither recruiter called me. I have noticed female recruiters are good and male recruiters are flaky. YMMV. I guess if I want to leave I will have to look on my own after all.
    awww, sweetie, I hate that! I am sorry !

Yppej, i’m Sorry about the recruiters. How frustrating!

yesterday I
    went out to work in my studio, but was overwhelmed and ended up cleaning up/out and organizing so I can get right to work when I go out today. I only have a short time this morning, but I am determined.
    did yoga with dh
    Picked up/cleaned/did laundry.

i have no trouble prioritizing the not food and house. I have trouble quitting the food and house while I still have energy and interest for anything else. Sometimes I think house will never be done. Right now the addition, dining porch, guest bath, and den (old living room) are company ready. The laundry room is good. But I am still fighting my way out of 50 years of hoarding along with the normal people housekeeping. Sometimes when I have time, I waste it by trying to address part of the mess and then becoming so overwhelmed and discouraged that I can’t do anything.

CL, it does sound like good progress if you have that many rooms company ready

Yppej
    Heard only 1 of the 3 people I interviewed with me wanted me, but that one is transferring to a location nearer home, so maybe something will come of it later. My female recruiter did give me feedback

Wishing you luck!

today I cleaned up and spent an hour and a half in the studio. I still didn’t throw - I had three balls ready, but nothing in the bucket that has to rest overnight, so I trimmed one pot I had done a while ago and set it to dry, and then wedged up enough clay to fill the “resting” bucket. By then I had to chose between throwing and giving time for lunch, and I picked lunch.

but the bucket is full and a pot is drying.

swam 2900meters after work. And made good food choices.

made dinner and ate with dh even thought he got home at 7:30.

did my garage task.

rummaged around in the chest freezer and found some milk for a friend’s orphan lamb.

Yppej
    The medical records finally made it to the new doctor's after over a month, but now they have to be transcribed into a chart for me, so more follow up before I can schedule my annual physical.

It is too snowy to start outdoor seeds yet, but I have a nice spot picked out on the south side of the house.

Yppej, you are making progress.

i keep finding myself wanting to list the failures and “buts” when I come to this thread. I am struggling very hard not to do that.

i will limit myself to saying - Wednesdays are hard. And I need to spend some time examining Wednesdays and thinking about why they are hard and what I can do to address that.

yesterday I taught. I was organized and prepared enough to seize a new opportunity and incorporate it into my lesson smoothly.

i spent some time reaching out to and talking with a couple of women whom I like. Part of my “relationships” focus is that I am trying to relearn how to have friends. I had friends when I was in college, but they were nearly all men and mostly based on common activities and easy geography. And I had “friends” when my kids were home, but it turns out they were exclusively based on common activities - parenting/homeschooling - and geography - I was willing to drive to their house so my kids could play with their kids.

i did yoga. I ate ok.

With breaking my wrist my productivity has come to a halt. I enjoy reading about everyone else ‘s. Even simple tasks are a big effort. DH is helping of course but he is blind to stuff so needs reminding.

My productivity also ground to a halt due to horrible blizzardy cold weather. My SADD is in full throttle. I had momentum for the picture project an then the email project--7000 emails removed from my inbox and dealt with.

I seem to need one big project.

The photo albums and the empty email box are pretty cool, however.

Thread Information