Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 1/2 week plan

We leave on vacation in 2 weeks. No swimming in the ocean for me

Oh, Terry, I am so sorry to hear that!!!

TT, waterproof cast?

and IL, you guys DON’T have ice?

Yppej, yay for walking! Good start!

and Tybee, how is the planner?

I
    wrote a reaching out letter this morning.
    spent a few minutes finishing a pottery project- not much, but something.
    ran into a local gardening (friend?acquaintance?) and discussed starting seeds
    ate a banana with almond butter and home made applesauce for lunch
    swam 2700m
    took a light cardload to goodwill (would have fit in a regular trunk except there were 3 small pieces of furniture)
    did my quick bit in the garage
    ran dishes and laundry
    loaded and started the kiln at work, turned in my expenses, and printed out papers I need for Friday
    and brought home some surprise materials that were left on my desk to try out a project for tomorrow (or maybe next week)

i won’t try to start seeds tonight - it’s a hour and a half to bedtime with chores yet to do and I just had dinner (a non-optimal but yummy baked potato with garlic sesame sauce and a glass of wine)

Yppej
    Wow CL that's a lot accomplished.

No ice! We had 4 days of sunshine and 40/50/60 degree F weather that melted everything. Even when we had snowfall, it wasnt much. We did garden work.

We rarely get ice. Everything is so much effort. My right shoulder hurts probably by holding my arm careful. My neck hurts from leaning over the sink for my hair to be washed by my friend. I have a bad neck/back. Fortunately my son and friends all willing to help and I am taking it. Can’t wait for my husband to get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Well my plan includes lots of reading and chilling because I fell on the ice last night while taking the garbage out and broke my right wrist.
    OH OUCH!!! Hope you heal quickly.

Yppej
    Sorry to hear about your mishap TT.

I have not started applying to jobs on my own yet because an agency finally got me an interview tomorrow.

Good luck on your interview Yppej!

yesterday was very full and tiring.

i did,
    do yoga, give dh a haircut, and clean up one tiny spot in my classroom

I got sidetracked since I started the digital decluttering project. I deleted emails for hours and aggravated my carpal tunnel. It was the opposite of the 5 minute thing.

Today getting back on track--

bathroom, kitchen are clean.

Unpacked new dog kennel we ordered and put it in the kitchen so dogs can get used to it. It was extremely expensive but we bought them with a gift certificate, and they seem amazingly sturdy and kind of attractive. Now need to throw out the old one that this one replaces, and wait for the next one to arrive.

Did do my decluttering reading--got the Dana White book on managing your house from the library. A lot of it I knew, but she makes good points I need to rehear and get reinforced.

Her big point is your house is a container and you need to limit your belongings to the containers--so one shelf for cookbooks, etc. It's a sound philosophy.

Now to her decluttering book, which I ordered with an amazon gift certificate.

Packed up some champagne glasses for my son and dil, and waiting for another box to use to send the rest of them.

Thread Information