Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 6 1/2 week plan

Yppej
    No, it is private sector.
    Last edited by Yppej; 2-21-19 at 5:19pm.

The job (on Indeed) asked if I was a resident of the town where the company is. I thought that odd. I get not wanting to pay to relocate someone, but you can't commute from an adjacent community? I answered honestly No so maybe I am out of the running for that job. Has anyone else run into this?
    yes the solution is to just say "yes" if the job is commutable, answer the spirit of the question not the literal question. Indeed has made job seeking way dumber as judging from questions like that and others very little though it going into the questions, but just answer the question they meant to ask: can you commute?
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Although I said No they e-mailed me today that they will be contacting me to set up an interview.

Yay Yppej! Crossing my fingers for you!

my week -

feel like a spent more time with dh. We met for dinner out one night this week (nothing fancy, just a very reasonable little local place) and I made him put his phone away.

i had a good conversation with a friend at work in which I shared some personal issues (about the hoarding) and she responded in a supportive manner (just a five minute exchange, not a deep heart-to-heart)

Good phone calls with both biodd’s.

i did get the handle on that pot, and I am improving my clay management system. I cleared out the bottom shelf of my locker in the classroom too - where I had just stuffed some scrap clay for “later”. I want to build on that this week.

my first seeds are just barely starting to sprout and I cut willow switches to root in water and plant in some of my wet areas. I’m getting the impression that global warming is going to require me to significantly up my water management game.

i swam 3000 meters twice this week and did yoga m/w/f. My food choices have been pretty good, and I have found a reasonably healthy, low packaging snack food to add to my diet. I am currently pretty happy with my body. My weight is down some, I have energy and I have sore muscles instead of sore joints. Doing fairly well on the sleep schedule.

The house got to be a mess again this week, but it is a one day clean up mess, and not a fall into despair mess. The garage is a little better and I put up 1.5 cans of trash. And slightly improved my organization of class materials at home.

it was a good week in all of my classes. And my boss stopped me in the hall and asked me to design a new class to teach next year to fill a hole/need in the schedule. I’m working on that and a little nervous/excited. It looks like I will have 8 single session classes and three double section classes next year, plus at least one after school slot. Right now I have 8, 1, and 1, so that is a five hour increase in my schedule. (from 14 to 19 with no increase in commuting time) Of course, this is dependant on the classes actually filling at registration....

Overall, i’d call the week good.

Sounds like a excellent week! We have been in New Orleans the past 3 days and today hop on a cruise ship for a week. So have been productive sightseeing)

Yppej, I hope the job pans out for you.

CL, it sound like this 6.5 week plan suits you very well!

Yppej
    No further word about the job and I am starting to have doubts about it. The weather is very cold. Are they stalling because they are a construction company and they won't hire until spring and will lay off for the winter? I need year-round employment. The person who contacted me is holding a big political banner on her LinkedIn page for a party I do not care for. And they are located on the same lot as a drug rehab facility, so I am concerned my car could be broken into.

Construction is hit hard in recessions and we are due for one. An infrastructure bill which would mitigate that has not gotten through Congress.

I haven’t come back to this for a while.

yppej, how are things going? Anyone else have an update?

i have been very busy the last couple of weeks.

on the relationship front I have spent time with my husband and in town daughter. (Struggling with husband because his work schedule is still awful, but we have made concrete plans and I have been cooking a little more and insisting on phone free dinners even if we eat at 8:30 - which we did one night.) also making an attempt to strengthen work connections through short personal conversations and brainstorming. I also started attending a new pottery class session which has a pretty good social group - although I can’t participate in after class lunches because I have to leave for work. Most classmates are retired. Last weekend we had a great visit from one of dh oldest friends who now lives in CA. I was able to open my home and relax!

i have finally started integrating more pottery into my weeks. Making a point to get out into the studio when I have a little time in the mornings - preparing for a show in April and also taking my class.

my first seedlings are up for the garden this year. I hope to get to the store for more peat pellets and plant the second round this weekend, and my willows are growing roots.

still sleeping well, working on my snacking and meal choices, and slowly increasing my swim distance. I’d like to get up to 2 miles by solstice. I’ve been doing less yoga because dh is not available, but physically demanding spring chores are starting up. I’m trying to develop a new guage for body image, because my weight has stalled - yoyoing the same three pounds, but my clothes are still changing fit.

On the organizing front, my house is currently a huge mess, as upkeep has been neglected since the friend left. However, things are improved in the studio with continued sorting out, some giving away, and some small use of the trash can.

work his been a big focus with new class descriptions and next year’s schedule coming out on top of investment of time and energy in the classes I currently have. I have 50% more hours on offer next year (the classes have to fill to run) with the potential for a new section of something if I get a large waiting list or a change if something doesn’t fill and something else gets a wait list - a lot of variety! I’ve had some really great moments with some of my kids this week, and am excited about a conversation I had with a parent yesterday about her child joining one of my classes next year. I’m seeing my room with new eyes and planning to ask my boss if I can get in over spring break (solstice week) to do a cleanout/organize.

so, overall, busier, but feeling more in control.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Apply for jobs on my own. Agency recruiters are not getting me anywhere. One never called me today as promised.

Start some cold weather plants from seed.

Begin walking outdoors on warmer days.

Stay within budget each month.

Follow up to ensure all medical records are transferred to my new doctor and schedule my annual physical, then cancel the physical at the old doctor's.
    No further word on the external job but I applied to for a transfer to a location closer to home within the company and have an interview next week.

It has been too cold to walk outside and too snowy to start plants.

I have stayed withn budget.

Got my medical records transferred and a physical set up at the new doctor's, still have to cancel the old one.

So Yppej (And anyone else who wants to recap) how did it go?

tomorrow is the solstice and I plan to stay home and hopefully have a fire since we are on spring break.

since my last post I have continued working on relationship building - going hiking with dh and friends and attending a party where I convinced my son in law to be my plus one so I didn’t have to go alone. He actually drove over in a nasty storm and a casual friend at the party said what a good son he was to “drive out in this just because his mama asked him to.” Then she said he was extra good when I told her he was my sil. I really lucked out there. We have been mistaken for coworkers, friends, and blood family several times in the last few years since Dd brought him around. Dd2 has a newish (but sounds serious) bf and we get to meet him Saturday.

Pottery - i have half a kiln load of dry work ready to fire for the spring show and more drying. And I am not very behind on work for my class.

I am behind on seed starting, but only a couple of weeks - plan to do more today and get caught up. I have cleared some blackberry canes and winter pruned a fruit tree.

still not getting in yoga consistently, but my swim is up to two miles. I’m also doing more physical labor outside. Food choices are hit and miss.

organization wise, my studio area is much better. Dh worked with me yesterday and we have a pile of sporting goods/outdoor toys to take to goodwill plus we filled half a trash can. We also finally took the old range and microwave to habitat.

i am doing ok on work. Mostly managing to stay a week ahead, but I really need to lock down the last nine weeks before break ends and start on evaluations so they will be less overwhelming in May - copying the form and updating the session for each kid takes me about a minute, so there is over an hour of work I can do in tiny bits here and there any day now. And I should be able to write at least part of the narrative for every kid - even if I have to edit or update, it will be faster.

i’ve started working on classes for next year already as well, and today I am going in to reorganize my room.

Thread Information