Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 1/2 week plan

6 1/2 week plan

The equinox is March 20th. Reflecting on my last plan I can see that I am having trouble prioritizing areas that are less concrete and other involved.

also, while I really like having specific goals and being able to “scratch them off”, I hate failing.

so for this span I think I am going to try setting intentions and focuses and report back on the actions as they occur.

Focus on pottery. One of my intentions is to prioritize actually working with clay and be selfish and unapologetic about claiming my time to do that.

Focus on the garden. Clear ground and start seeds.

Focus on health. Choose healthy foods in appropriate amounts, and exercise. I found myself trying to justify not doing specific exercise items last time. There are always more options. Just move. And get enough sleep.

Focus on order. Organizing, clearing out, keeping my house clean.

Focus on work. Staying caught up, getting ahead, creating more order in my room and materials. All things that will improve ease and function.

And not least important, just new, focus on relationships. Connect and be present with the important people in my life.

I am going to go in kind of the opposite direction and go with very concrete things to tick off each day/week. This is a good chunk of time for me as it ends with my birthday, so I get to go into my next year with some nice new momentum.

1. Substitute a protein shake for one meal each day.

2. Up by 6:30 and get up and complete morning routine each day by 10:30am-- get up, make beds, start laundry, shower, have breakfast, clean bathroom, do 5 minute put away routine, 5 minute throw away routine, eat breakfast, record financial numbers for the day, answer emails for work and do 30 minutes to an hour and a half of grading. Some days I will have to grade more than this--Fridays can end up 5-6 hours.

3. Work on my own projects (not work) at least 2 hours each day.

4. Play the viola and/or cello 1/2 hour a day.

5. Train young dog two 5- minute periods morning and evening

6. Read the 4-5 books I have accumulated on decluttering and/or time management each day for half an hour and implement at least one new routine each week.

7. Be off computer and phone by 7 pm

7. Use my new planner every day, planning five must-dos for the following day, and keep track at end of day how it went. Record how time actually spent during day. Record successes and needs improvements before bed each evening.

Since we are in Week 1, my new routine for Weeks 1 and 2 is number 7, acclimating to the planner.

Yppej
    Apply for jobs on my own. Agency recruiters are not getting me anywhere. One never called me today as promised.

Start some cold weather plants from seed.

Begin walking outdoors on warmer days.

Stay within budget each month.

Follow up to ensure all medical records are transferred to my new doctor and schedule my annual physical, then cancel the physical at the old doctor's.

Tybee, that is a very clear plan, but it is a lot! I’m cheering for you!

Yppej, glad to see you. Hopefully another seed starter will keep me from losing my focus.

i do put concrete things on my to do list, so I need to make sure I am hitting my focus areas when I make it out.

today I did yoga with my husband and sat with him at breakfast. I took some pictures for my son in law relating to a project he wants to do and sent them with a short note. I answered my mil’s e-Mail. I sent a note to my mom.

I burned the burn box and I put more things in the trash cans and I washed and put away some items that had been left partway. I finished and put away a load of laundry.

i cleaned out one of the kidding stalls and used up all the large sheets of cardboard I had saved under the used bedding in part of the garden where I am putting sheet mulch.

i cleaned out my car so I can take a load to goodwill tomorrow.

i keep wanting to type “but I didn’t...” and stopping myself. This is why I don’t want a check off list. I focus too much on all the things I failed to do. I want to just focus on building up the accomplishment list. It is small today, but tomorrow I can do more.

Yeah, it's clear but it's too much, CL. Yppej, I like your number of things. With my list, I can't keep that many things in my head and I'm already feeling kind of driven.

So I'm modifying it:

1. Use my new planner every day, planning three or four must-dos for the following day, and keep track at end of day how it went. Record how time actually spent during day. Record successes and needs improvements before bed each evening.

Work on my own projects (not work) at least 1 hours each day.

3. Play the viola and/or cello 1/2 hour a day.

Read the 4-5 books I have accumulated on decluttering and/or time management each day for half an hour and implement at least one new routine each week.

That feels better. I guess I am thinking of making three of the four must-dos numbers 2, 3, and 4. That leaves room for only one more must-do to add each day.

Tybee, that feels much calmer and more focused - a good place to start. All those five minuteses and times were making my head spin!

that is me though - it is why I am not actually timing my five minute February tasks, just doing something that I think should take “about five minutes” having it be the garage is easy, because I pass through there many times a day.

i actually made up a mnemonic for my six areas: “RPG how” RPG is normally short fir “role playing games” in my world, so it’s sort of a word. And also I am trying to think of this as a way (how) to makes changes in my life based on the “character” I want to be. The mnemonic helps keep my foci at the front of my mind for decision making purposes.

I just made a chart for my planner. I put my four things on it then made a table with a box for every day between now and March 21. When I get all the things done, I can put a check or a star in the box.

I am very visually oriented so maybe this will motivate me.

Yppej
    I walked outside today.

Well my plan includes lots of reading and chilling because I fell on the ice last night while taking the garbage out and broke my right wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Well my plan includes lots of reading and chilling because I fell on the ice last night while taking the garbage out and broke my right wrist.
    Shit!

wait, you guys have ice?

Thread Information