Thread: ouch woman pain in beginning of menopause

ouch woman pain in beginning of menopause

Today I started having really bad cramps this morning, meanwhile I barely have bleeding. I am going months between light periods. I think this is worse than over the years. I took meds, got the special heating pad for periods, and then did an enema. It helped get cleaned out.

Did anyone else have more intense cramps during menopause?

Not me, I just had hot flashes. I had horrible menstrual cramps most of my adult life until I discovered ibuprofen in large doses at the age of 40. That was a magic bullet for me. I hope you feel better.

Sorry you're having such a tough time. Fortunately I had none of that...hot flashes I could count on one hand. I barely noticed except the for extra (special) facial hair. Ugh.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yes I had a awful time for about 15 years. Not fun

I have the feeling that your uterine lining is building up and your cramps are trying to get rid of it. My menopause seemed to go on forever too.......in terms of funky hormonal symptoms. But when I first started, my periods were irregular, but then I started bleeding badly. So should your bleeding suddenly pick up and get worse, be sure to see your doctor. Some of that is normal, but sometimes parts of the lining can't stop bleeding.
    Make sure you're getting enough calcium and magnesium.
    Hormones get so messed up in menopause that nothing works in-sync and can cause problems..........but hopefully you don't have a build-up of blood and just are cramping for the heck of it.

KayLR.........that's just not fair.

Well I added a hot bath and stayed on top of the midol and feel much better. I still am not really bleeding at all, but if the pain is gone that is fine by me. I talked to one of my parents who has shared some of her experience and she said she had monthly cramps after she had completely stopped. I did have a super period last year to the point I had extra black pants in my car. It went on heavily for 3 weeks. My DR gave me hormones to take and taper down to get it to stop. Thank goodness, 3 heavy weeks was enough.

The worst effect has been on my sensitive mental states (already have a mental health diagnoses). My DR added an anti-depressant and that has addressed the hot flashes believe it or not!! People are commenting that I seem like a different person, better than I have been in 10 years. I was very resistant but it has worked, along with getting a job with a reasonable work load and schedule.

So I woke up today after a really good number of hours, and weighed myself and am magically at my goal weight! I was 4-5 lbs heavier the last week, maybe with bloating, craving sweets and being backed up the other way. Usually my weight fluctuates a couple pounds around whatever my real weight is, no matter what this was super encouraging after all the hard work I have been doing on diet.

I use peppermint oil for cramps and muscle aches and probiotics for the bloating. Frankincense works too, but not as well as peppermint for cramps. I'm not sure about other oils, but the oil I use is so strong that the pets would leave the room when I entered. I read that peppermint tea should help too if the smell of the oil is too strong for people.

Thread Information