Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Which doc to see first??

Quote Originally Posted by silly moo View Post
    I'm really surprised that your Primary dr didn't send you to a Rheumatologist yet.
    Great suggestion.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Mri results came back and my husband has a tear and large cyst on his knee. It will be interesting to see what they recommend. He is anxious to get back to walking. I told him no surgery until my wrist heals

I have seen a rheumatologist, but was unhappy with him. No compassion, spent very little time with me and then sent me to his nurse practitioner, who asked me questions for an hour, and was fairly uncompassionate also. She told me they'd schedule a test, and they never got back with me. I'm a little hesitant in giving another one a try, since DH knows a lot of them and doesn't think I'll like them. I'm at the point where I just couldn't take another hurried, uncaring doc. My dentist, who I love ....but just retired recommended an acupuncturist that he had gone to, so I might give that a try. I know what I need to do when I have to run errands or work in the garden, etc. I still can get a fair number of things done from just having the intestinal fortitude. I think I worked so hard over christmas, that it worsened things for me. Once it warms up and the sun comes out and I can ride my cart, start the garden, etc., maybe my brain will tell my body parts to settle down. I hope so!
    I appreciate those of you who have offered me useful advice.

Teacher Terry.....Sorry your DH is having problems and hopefully your wrist heals soon!

I have found acupuncture to be helpful. It’s not painful. Cathy, thanks for the good thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Then stop reading my posts, if you find them so irritating.
    You seem to have little tolerance for others who haven't experienced what you have. You don't know me at all. So.....just quit reading my posts.
    No. I have literal tolerance for ongoing complaints, getting recommendations for treatment, refusing treatment, and complaining some more. And this is chronic with you here, so I know just a bit about you.....you post it a lot of health complaints.

Over and out.

Thread Information