Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Denver teachers strike

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    What irritates me is that so many people who begrudge teachers, fire fighters, police any decent salary and retirement have NO problem with corporate welfare paid by tax dollars, defense contractors and the lobbyists making a small fortune from tax money. Somehow any jobs dealing with children, women or those in need are the worst paid and most resented.
    or three times!

I volunteered as a kindergarten aide for a semester here and it really opened my eyes to the importance of that adult in these children's eyes. Many of the kids came from impoverished settings without good role models. The teacher provided warmth and stability in addition to all the other things she had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I volunteered as a kindergarten aide for a semester here and it really opened my eyes to the importance of that adult in these children's eyes. Many of the kids came from impoverished settings without good role models. The teacher provided warmth and stability in addition to all the other things she had to do.
    Don't forget the Active Shooter drills ….

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    Don't forget the Active Shooter drills ….
    Aren't those fun, not. Then the actual incidents we have in our communities that we need to use those skills for lock-down, lock out, and other emergencies. Make sure you also have the medication for everyone when you lock down or evacuate, and are prepared to provide opportunities for kids to deal with all these incidents. Sigh,

Thread Information