Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: National emergency

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

National emergency

Hooray, national emergency will be declared. Tens of thousands of gun related deaths should qualify as an emergency. Maybe the national guard can be deployed to go door to door and confiscate guns.
    Health insurance- 28 million uninsured seems like an emergency to me.

Lets get a Democrat president in the White House so some real emergencies can be addressed.

and by the way, I am all for border security and strengthening and revising and enforcing our immigration laws, Just not a monument to Trump, a big beautiful concrete wall sea to sea that he promised his base at rallies, stealing tribal and private citizen land for, that he promised Mexico would pay for.

As W once said ‘this job would be a lot easier if i was a dictator.’ It’s a shame mitch mcconnell hates the constitution and voiced his support for this fake emergency. I suppose it’s a good thing that we keep getting it out in the open how much the republicans hate america and don’t actually care about the things they’ve long claimed to care about. I just hope they dont succeed in destroying my country before we can elect some more adults in 2020.

I was surprised to learn that 58 States of Emergency have been declared since 1979, of which 31 are still in effect.

Yppej
    For what? Natural disasters?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    For what? Natural disasters?
    Nothing for that. Mostly national security issues and blocking trade with various bad actors.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I was surprised to learn that 58 States of Emergency have been declared since 1979, of which 31 are still in effect.
    I see that Bill Clinton declared 17 and Barack Obama declared 12.
    I wonder why they hated America so much?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Can't wait until Trump is gone!!!!!

Personally, I think inviting a hostile government to meddle in our elections and take over our social media is a real emergency. McConnell et al have lost all credibility to let this happen with their blessing.

I'm impressed with Trump's ability to piss off liberals. He's got George W. Bush beat by a mile, and that's saying something.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm impressed with Trump's ability to piss off liberals. He's got George W. Bush beat by a mile, and that's saying something.
    why did it not become an emergency now after two years in office? Why wasn’t this handled with a majority in the house and senate?

is it not the job of congress to appropriate funds to be spent and how they are spent?

I find all of this so confusing. Even republicans are saying it is a poor idea.

Thread Information