Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Green New Deal to Get Senate Vote

Green New Deal to Get Senate Vote

I see that Mitch McConnell wants to schedule a vote on the NGD resolution drafted by Reps Markey and Ocasio-Cortez. He wants to give senators the “chance to go on the record”. I think he provided a similar vote a couple of years ago for single payer health care, for similar political reasons.

Sounds like a reasonable plan. Get the R's on the record as hating the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post

Being exposed to "really out there" opinions is one of the things I love about these forums. Personally, I think Mitch is making a noble effort to save the Democrats from themselves, or maybe it's a less noble gesture to just save the rest of us from them. I'm good with either.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I suppose some people think the republican environmental plan of burning more coal is awesome.

Omg jp, you often make me laugh out loud.

I remember when GW didnt sign the Kyoto agreement and there was so much outrage and knashing of teeth. Enter President Obama and —no signature. Ummm? Did we hear the complaints on this website? Naw.

i remember when Senator Barak Obama was all huffily justified in voting for a balanced budget when his party didnt have a snowball’s chance to get any legislation thru.

switch to President O being in a position to actually trim if not balance the U.S. budget in his all powerful position of leadership. But where did that idea go? Nowheresville.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Omg jp, you often make me laugh out loud.
    Me too!

Plus, being a long view kinda guy I appreciate the rabid lefts ability to regularly remind the middle just how rabid they can be.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I dunno. The middle seemed cool with the rabid left a few months ago. Other than a few more indictments not much has changed since then. With the exception that i wonder who trump is going to use to run the 2020 campaign since most of his last team seem to be having legal issies to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

Me too!

Plus, being a long view kinda guy I appreciate the rabid lefts ability to regularly remind the middle just how rabid they can be.
    I can’t figure out if AOC represents an existential threat to our way of life, God’s gift to the GOP or a sort of Paris Hilton phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I can’t figure out if AOC represents an existential threat to our way of life, God’s gift to the GOP or a sort of Paris Hilton phenomenon.
    I'll take God's gift to the GOP for $100 Alex and follow up with Paris Hilton for the win.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Interesting.....I was thinking along the same lines.......Rob

Thread Information