Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lemon squeezer

Lemon squeezer

I look for electric lemon squeezer for doing citrus juicers and also for baking.
    what kind of lemon squeezer do you use?

Luna: We use a manual, old-fashioned glass one.

I have a cheap plastic one- it was maybe $2? that I've had for many years. My brother once gave me an electric one many years ago, and it was just messy and hard to clean and LOUD.

I have this one: a Black and Decker Citrus Mate https://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-.../dp/B00004SC51

I bought it when I was into making fresh lemonade in the summer, but honestly, I rarely use it anymore. Maybe once a year. When I move, it's definitely going out to the garage sale table.

If you are definitely buying a lemon squeezer, this one is a good one. I just found that our local natural food store sold organic lemonade at a better price than I could make it for myself. Lemons are darned expensive.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

That looks like the electric one my brother bought me.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    That looks like the electric one my brother bought me.
    haha! Oh, well, different strokes for different folks.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

a manual glass one I got from a thrift Haha, I was thrilled to find it, I love glass, it's easy to clean.
    Trees don't grow on money

Lemon squeezing: roll ‘em on the counter, cut ‘em open, and squeeze. Roll some more. Squeeze.
    No apparatous needed.

Granted, I don’t squeeze lemons very often. I keep it fair number of them in the freezer and pull them out when necessary.

I have finally found the perfect lemon bar recipe that requires eight lemons but it is really good!

This is what I use. My hands aren't strong enough to squeeze a lemon or lime, plus I always let at least one seed slide through. https://www.ebay.com/i/223269598067?chn=ps
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I use an electric one very similar to the Black and Decker one posted, but I think mine is a Sunbeam. It is probably 25 years old and just refuses to die, probably because I use it maybe once a year or less so it is still like new!

Thread Information