Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Product recommendation (plus salad spinners)

Product recommendation (plus salad spinners)

So I have an OXO salad spinner and I keep melting parts of it in acts of stupidity consisting of leaving parts too close to the stove. And they keep sending me free replacement parts (even though I would gladly pay for them).

So I highly recommend OXO brand for salad spinners and other kitchen gadgets (they often have the name "OXO good grips") as they have fantastic customer service. They are widely available in big box stores and online. I buy other brands, if I can manage to somehow find "made in the U.S.A." for instance. But you aren't going to find better customer service anywhere.
    Trees don't grow on money

That's good to know!

Always nice to hear of a company doing well by their customers. You knew you would totally grab our attention with "Salad Spinners," didn't you?!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Always nice to hear of a company doing well by their customers. You knew you would totally grab our attention with "Salad Spinners," didn't you?!
    LOL..... how true!

I found a handy product to recommend: silicone spurtles. (They come in wooden versions, also.)

They are similar to spatulas, come in a variety of shapes and colors, and are excellent for scooping, stirring, separating, folding, and performing other kitchen chores. They're one piece, so no cracks or crevices to deal with; thus easy to clean. Also very sturdy.

spurtles.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I found a handy product to recommend: silicone spurtles. (They come in wooden versions, also.)

They are similar to spatulas, come in a variety of shapes and colors, and are excellent for scooping, stirring, separating, folding, and performing other kitchen chores. They're one piece, so no cracks or crevices to deal with; thus easy to clean. Also very sturdy.

spurtles.jpg
    I HAD to google this - fascinating! I may actually look into getting a wooden "Couthie Spurtle"!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Who could resist a product called Spurtle??? Spurtle, Spurtle, Spurtle! I want to get one just so I can tell people I have a Spurtle!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I don't recall the name "spurtle" but I saw a nice selection of these at IKEA recently. We were there for the Swedish meatballs.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Useful, and felicitously named!

I remember those from the Graham Kerr "Galloping Gourmet" days. He used them on the show. I got a couple as a gift (different sizes) and they worked pretty well. Hardwood, one side flat to run along the side of a pot, the other side curvier for ... well, I never quite figured out what that was for. It was fun to flip omelets with that side, though. I suppose I should have watched him use them more.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information