Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fake Hate Crimes

They said they found a magazine in the 2 "perps'" apartment. They didn't say that the letters were missing that may have been used in that possibly fake letter. I wonder why not?

You know....it's pretty scary that someone can appear so honest, but be a total liar. Why don't they get a lie detector test?
    If it is determined that he set all this up..........he's got a major psychological problem, and not just making a bad choice.
    I have a question........with the comment the 2 perps supposedly made, about MAGA.......was he thinking that it would be assumed they were white? I wonder what drew the police's attention to the 2 black guys, since the only video showed things at night from the back.
    Lying seems to be out of control in today's world.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    Lying seems to be out of control in today's world.
    As is the alacrity with which we accept lies that conform with our preconceived notions.

I hear that Covington Catholic kid is suing the Washington Post for a truckload of money.

What I don't get about the Chicago attack. If you're a black, gay actor, why the heck would you arrange for two black Africans to attack you? Black guys wearing MAGA hats, yeah, right!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    What I don't get about the Chicago attack. If you're a black, gay actor, why the heck would you arrange for two black Africans to attack you? Black guys wearing MAGA hats, yeah, right!
    Hope he was a better actor than a scriptwriter.

Local news (WGN Chicago) just said the actor has been charged with disorderly conduct for filing a false police report.

Guy also has a history of lying to the cops. Back in the mid-2000s, he claimed to be his brother when he was pulled over.

Tradd.....I'm thinking that he possibly expected them to think the attackers were white, but the police found out different. I wondered the same thing at first.

The disorderly conduct charge is a felony.

Local news (WGN Chicago) just said the actor has been charged with disorderly conduct for filing a false police report.

Guy also has a history of lying to the cops. Back in the mid-2000s, he claimed to be his brother when he was pulled over.
    Goes to show you can sound honest, reasonable and articulate, and be crazy..........

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    The disorderly conduct charge is a felony.
    At first I was a bit miffed that a disorderly conduct charge could be a felony - but if Jussie Smollett did what it looks like he did, what he did to me equals a felony - and I say this as an anti-police brutality activist. It's not cool to stage a hate crime, and I really resent that someone this well paid and with such a powerful voice (meaning he can make himself heard by many much easier than we all can) engages in such behavior. Makes no sense, what was he trying to accomplish or prove by staging a hate crime and basing lies on a house of cards? (no reference to actor Kevin Spacey, also in the news off and on for less than reputable reasons).

Tradd, is this incident getting really played up in Chicago, just curious? Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    As is the alacrity with which we accept lies that conform with our preconceived notions.

I hear that Covington Catholic kid is suing the Washington Post for a truckload of money.
    $250 million......yikes! That's what I heard the kid is suing for. Rob

Thread Information