Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to be annoying

How to be annoying

So I heard the vegetarians are more hated than athiests, and everyone generally seems to be annoyed by runners. So this morning I had my buddhist/athiest meditation followed by a run in 7 degree weather and followed that with a vegetarian breakfast. Pretty sure that while I am annoying at times, however it is not related to any of these activities

Actually this is my normal life but I wouldn't annoy anyone if I just did it and didn't talk about it. And I would never had known any of this if I had not spent an hour last night following article to article all over the internet. Just shows that many ideas seem to be more true because they are on a website or have a really cute meme. (Time for internet fast)

Wow--you are REALLY annoying, ZG. .

I guess because I'm decidedly NOT annoyed by your buddhism/atheism/vegetarianism/runnism, but rather impressed by it, does that make me annoying, too?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

No, you have it wrong. It is VEGANS who are the most annoying.

A Vegan, an aethiest, and a crossfitter walk into a bar. How do
    I know? They all had to tell me.

Which one is the Vegan sitting at the bar? Dont worry about identifying him, he will tell you soon enough.

and etc.

Proselytizers of all kinds are annoying; especially when they grab you by the collar and tell you "You're going to hell/ruining the planet/believing a fairy tale" ad nauseum. A pox on all of them.

I am in a couple of FB groups for low carb/keto. People are always whining that they have to defend what they are eating from folks who think it is a fad, unhealthy etc. etc.. I never pay attention to what somebody else is eating and I have never had somebody remark on what I'm eating. I can't think of anything more boring to talk about. Results speak for themselves and if somebody notices a positive result and inquires how I arrived there, I might lightly touch on the subject then change it.

I agree with Jane. It is only those people who try to foist their beliefs on me or tell me how horrible my choices are that are really annoying. I dropped a close friendship because of her constant harping on her "better" diet, better lifestyle and better choices. (It did not help that she has some traits that do not allow her to see what her comments do to people and she can be very cruel in an offhand kind of way.)

Geila
    When I discovered my sudden onset of food allergies, I would often explain to servers about my allergies when ordering food at a restaurant. I didn't want them to think I was just overly picky. One day I was just too tired to bother and just ordered exactly what I wanted. And guess what? No one cared! No one really cares what you eat or do or whatever. Sure, close friends and family might care some, or not. They have their own lives after all. Spouses have to pretend to care some of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    When I discovered my sudden onset of food allergies, I would often explain to servers about my allergies when ordering food at a restaurant. I didn't want them to think I was just overly picky. One day I was just too tired to bother and just ordered exactly what I wanted. And guess what? No one cared! No one really cares what you eat or do or whatever. Sure, close friends and family might care some, or not. They have their own lives after all. Spouses have to pretend to care some of the time.
    Haha, true, Geila!

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    When I discovered my sudden onset of food allergies, I would often explain to servers about my allergies when ordering food at a restaurant. I didn't want them to think I was just overly picky. One day I was just too tired to bother and just ordered exactly what I wanted. .
    that happens to me, my parent like a BBQ place. I ordered a tasty baked potato and salad, said no bacon. Another restaurant was Italian and I ordered what I liked that had the option of chicken or another meat, I just said no thank you. In both cases the servers seemed to be waiting for me to say something about being vegetarian, but why. I can find plenty to eat wherever I go.

I am fussy and if I order it the way I want it I find it frequently wrong. So now I say first I am fussy so they write down the right stuff. It makes them pay attention. I order my food much more plain this most people. If it comes wrong I send it back.

Thread Information