Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to be annoying

Tea
    I agree that if you're just following a specific diet by choice, it's best to just order what you want - the server doesn't want to stand there while you explain your choices. However in the case of any life-threatening food allergies, it is probably safer to say the reason. For example, if they just think you prefer no nuts in your salad, they may simply pick the nuts off the top of pre-plated food, possibly leaving behind small pieces. If you start with "I have a life-threatening nut allergy. . ." although that can feel a little awkward, like you are making a scene, it is probably a lot safer.

Food allergies here also, (beef and pork mainly), and instead of going into detail of what and why I found it easier just to say "no meat please" when ordering something that might have a meat garnish or whatever. Like if it is a salad I might say, "there is no bacon on this is there?" . No need to explain.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

My daughter has a peanut allergy so I agree that is different. When she was younger people did not understand and that was harder. We simply didnt go to certain restaurants, she had to walk out of panda express because it smelled like peanut oil. My friend has a serious dairy allergy, that one is super hard. We went to vegan restaurants if we went out, garbanzo was the only other place she felt safe.

Thread Information