Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG she was grumpy

OMG she was grumpy

I went to see my friend who just had a breast reduction. She has had some issues like an infection, not as much help as she may have needed, and generally lonely. Honestly I have only heard how much she likes being left alone over the years, nothing about wanting people around. She was so grumpy, geez. Much grumpier than when i helped her years ago after her back surgery. This time had the added stress of quitting smoking recently which may be the difference.

I understand but it was challenging to be honest. Lots of swearing, saying she is going to get the nurses in trouble at the Dr office, complaints about her roommates (out of town), just generally cranky. Then some of my least fave personality traits turned up, like how could i possibly not have watched project runway, or offering me help to find apartments when I am super happy where I am. Both signs of not paying much attention.

Okay just had to get that out, I dont have time in my schedule to go back next weekend, and no weekdays. She is not talking on the phone really so I will let her have space.

That’s a really painful surgery. My friend had it. However, it seems to me that this person is generally unpleasant anyways.

Pain wise it seemed close to her back surgery. Very painful. However the not listening or paying attention is her natural personality just grumped up. She is frustrated to not get more help in general, I see why. It is hard to help her.

Geila
    Did she ask you to come over? When I'm in pain I want to be left alone. Even helpful people are unwelcome at that point.

Yes, she did ask. I certainly dont push myself on her. I actually checked in several times over 2 weeks by text to see when was good, if she already had someone coming I passed. So I had the day off and it worked. Maybe she preferred being alone but she did ask me to stay while she saw if she was having a reaction to a medication.

I dunno about the rest of the cranky comments but HOW CAN YOU NOT EVER HAVE WATCHED PROJECT RUNWAY!!!!??????
    catherine? Other PR fans? Want to chime in here?

Kidding aside, you performed an important service in watching her while was taking that new medication.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I dunno about the rest of the cranky comments but HOW CAN YOU NOT EVER HAVE WATCHED PROJECT RUNWAY!!!!??????

Kidding aside, you performed an important service in watching her while was taking that new medication.
    Absolutely! The thought of it makes me cranky, too!!

My BIL sometimes accuses me of saying, "YOU never [fill in the blank--i.e., saw Gone With the Wind, etc.]????"
    So, ZG, really, "YOU never watched PROJECT RUNWAY???"

Really, I think you'd like it. You're creative and you are involved in crafts--it's fascinating watching really creative people do their thing.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

Hahaha! That was the only thing I took away from that post! I'm jonesing for Tim and Heidi and the runway.

OMG, ZG - Project Runway is the best! Just kidding - that sounds like a very frustrating situation. Sorry you had to go through it, but at least you know you tried.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

If it's any consolation, Zoe Girl, I have never seen Project Runway either. It doesn't even sound remotely interesting to me.

Thread Information