Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple Living Liquor Cabinet!

Honestly I often have 3 buck chuck around!!! Not that I drink in any quantity but sometimes. I like hard apple cider so have some of that. I have some vodka but don't really use it (I think I thought I'd use it for pasta maybe, also could be used for cleaning products - but neither have happened). I'd like to cook with sherry and brandy as I see recipes, however I don't really I guess as I haven't acquired them.
    Trees don't grow on money

I always drool over restaurant reviews featuring exotic drinks (at exotic prices), but trying to recreate all of them would seem to be a fool's errand. Not to mention that I don't need help to be unsteady on my pins. So I just have a half a bottle of brandy my beloved brought me two years ago, and I have a swig of that every once in awhile.

I've never liked wine--I've been to wine tastings, and I'm sure there's some variety I wouldn't mind. I used to drink spritzers, but then I used to drink Scotch. Didn't particularly like either of them. Or beer. On the other hand, I love kombucha, which is much more my speed.

Similar to Tammy above, I have abstained from alcohol for a few years, and there is no doubt in my mind that life is simpler and less expensive without consuming/supplying alcoholic beverages.

DW likes gin and tonic in the summer months, and I like to "pamper" her by occasionally splurging on Fever Tree brand tonic. In cooler weather, like many Wisconsinites, DW must have Korbel brandy, which she mixes with diet cola (OMG! blech!)... or a (more ambitious cocktail, festooned with fruit!) Old Fashioned.

P.S. The "Old Fashioned" in Wisconsin is made with Korbel brandy. I understand that elsewhere the "Old Fashioned" is made with whisky.
    http://ediblemilwaukee.ediblecommuni...-old-fashioned

My cabinet is pretty small. Vodka in freezer, Rum, Frangelico, and lots of wine. Irish Creme in the fridge.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Wine whites and reds, preferably on the dry side
    A good basic vodka for mixed drinks
    A good sippin' bourbon
    A decent tequila for margaritas
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Similar to Tammy above, I have abstained from alcohol for a few years, and there is no doubt in my mind that life is simpler and less expensive without consuming/supplying alcoholic beverages.

DW likes gin and tonic in the summer months, and I like to "pamper" her by occasionally splurging on Fever Tree brand tonic. In cooler weather, like many Wisconsinites, DW must have Korbel brandy, which she mixes with diet cola (OMG! blech!)... or a (more ambitious cocktail, festooned with fruit!) Old Fashioned.

P.S. The "Old Fashioned" in Wisconsin is made with Korbel brandy. I understand that elsewhere the "Old Fashioned" is made with whisky.
    http://ediblemilwaukee.ediblecommuni...-old-fashioned
    That's really interesting. I didn't know there was a Brandy Old Fashioned!

Forgot, my special treat is at the cabin. Chocolate martini: vanGogh double expresso Vodka, Godiva Choc Liquor......in addition to the vodka and whiskey.

They only know how to make a good old fashioned in Wisconsin

Maybe we need to add a bottle of Korbel brandy to our cabinet, now that we've gone to the trouble of acquiring bitters, sugar cubes, and maraschino cherries.

I don't have a liquor cabinet. Beer and wine (usually 1 six pack and/or 1 bottle at a time) goes in the fridge. Alcohol just isn't one of those things we stock up on.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information