Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Have Enough Snow... It has buried an Adirondack Chair on Our Deck.

I Have Enough Snow... It has buried an Adirondack Chair on Our Deck.

And nearly all the mailboxes in town have been excavated. Anybody who does not dig out their mailbox is risking that the snow plow will hit it... bend it over... crush it... knock it off its post …

I went for a beautiful 5 mile ski (on traditional cross country skis) yesterday. I stopped a couple times to listen to the silence in the absence of any wind in the pine needles. Then a woodpecker would rat-tat-a-tat in the distance, or a flock of black birds would break the silence overhead.

The little "belly button" in the snow is the top of an Adirondack Chair...
    000_0260.jpg
    Last edited by dado potato; 2-24-19 at 8:41pm.

OMG!!! How great that you can cross country ski and take advantage of the beauty!

Amazing picture of your Adirondack chair!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Reminds me of upstate NY. All the fire hydrants had 6+ foot sticks next to them so they could be found. The city had no road side mailboxes and people were required to shovel sidewalks and driveways.

We have had about 3 tiny snows this year and each one was followed by melting temperatures.

I'm tired of it. I normally don't mind the snowfall here. But almost all of the three feet we received this winter fell just in the past three weeks and right now I'm clearing four properties of snow (mine, rental property, neighbor recuperating from an operation, neighbor on extended vacation). It's already been one of the snowiest months in recorded history here and there's another week in this month to go. I'd be happy to have a day or two above freezing. Or a vacation somewhere warm.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    I'm tired of it. I normally don't mind the snowfall here. But almost all of the three feet we received this winter fell just in the past three weeks and right now I'm clearing four properties of snow (mine, rental property, neighbor recuperating from an operation, neighbor on extended vacation). It's already been one of the snowiest months in recorded history here and there's another week in this month to go. I'd be happy to have a day or two above freezing. Or a vacation somewhere warm.
    Wow. I feel for you Midwesterners. You are so good to care for your neighbors in addition to all your other shoveling responsibilities!

I've felt down this whole winter, and NJ didn't even get much snow--maybe 3" total. DH has had some health issues, I'm in limbo with our house, our neighbors have cut down all the ash trees, and the weather has been grey and unhappy. I can't wait for spring.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Sorry, Dado, I had to laugh. When I saw 'buried an Adirondack', I thought, "How does one bury a mountain?" I completely missed about the chair so started laughing at my misunderstanding. Different ones of you have had snowfall this year for sure and it does get tiring doing the cleanup especially for more than once property. Last year was my turn but this year, the problem has been more of freezing rain and icy conditions which make walking a challenge.
    I get my chuckle from talking to my sister who lives in NC who tells me what is in bloom at the moment and tell her what she is missing here.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Dado: that sounds lovely and serene. I definitely appreciate winter more if I make myself get out in it rather than hibernate.
    Steve: there is a "too much" point and it sounds like you reached it. We had a winter like that a few years ago; I think it was 2014/2015 although I'm not positive. I used to work with a woman from MN. She said that at least in MN the streets were designed so that there is somewhere to put the snow. It becomes a real challenge here in the city when we have a lot of snow (less of an issue in the suburbs).
    We haven't had much this year, but we still have to get through March.

That's a lot of snow!! I have really been enjoying winter; snow more than once every ten years is a new thing for me. I can see how it gets really old and why so many here flee to Arizona in the winter.

AZ isn't having that warm of a winter. There are other places that are warmer and nicer IMO.

Snow?

Thread Information