Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lunch packing container challenge

Quote Originally Posted by thinkgreen View Post
    How about a mason type jar or canning jar?
    those break. must be stsinless steel.

I like mason jars, too. They're perfect for hot foods as they can go into the microwave, and are leak-proof, unlike my pyrex containers. I use the pint size for lunch servings.

Would one of these from Hydro Flask work? I'm assuming you're looking for a stainless steel container for soup or something along those lines. The body is stainless steel with some sort of coating on the outside. I can't tell what the lid is made of, though. I use Hydro Flask for coffee and water and they are fabulous (those lids are plastic). You'd have to contact them to get confirmation on what the lid is made of.

https://www.hydroflask.com/food

Salsa, things with sauces, apple slices with lemon juice, pineapple... all the plastic lidded containers we have have started leaking with age and use. “Vintage” plastic lidded containers available around here tend to have interesting odors or colors (and likely the same leak issues) and I want to avoid more plastic. I suggested mason jars, (a coworker brings her soup in them) and dh said no and doesn’t believe they wouldn’t leak anyway.

he tosses his lunch into things (briefcase, backpack, workout bag) and then often tosses the thing or just the lunch into the back seat or trunk.

.... somewhere I saw a bento box that was all stainless steel... and guaranteed not to leak... (but if it got bent I'm sure it would). I will look for it.

He sounds like I was with my lunch, but I finally learned not to toss my bag around until after I'd eaten.

**** Walmart website has quite a few- I searched "Stainless Steel bottle widemouth"
    They are in the $12-16 range. Maybe get a couple?

Maybe as a gift to you he could start buying his lunch.

I don’t want him to buy his lunch. I want him to eat better, spend less, and get home sooner.

i think i’m going to go with the ECOlunchbox ones, they are a good size and shape and hit everything except geography. Realistically I just know I won’t handwash quickly enough to keep up with lunches. I don’t need the stress and I don’t want to buy a dozen of the things.

I looked up these
    ECOlunchbox products. They look like the ones from
    India that ANM posted. Glad you found something.I don’t understand about handwashing, But I don’t really need to understand this. Unless you run your dishwasher every day when you have to hand wash these things, or would you have a supply of two or three? You don’t really need to answer I’m just musing here.

I run my dishwasher every day. I use it to clean my milking equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    I don’t want him to buy his lunch. I want him to eat better, spend less, and get home sooner.

i think i’m going to go with the ECOlunchbox ones, they are a good size and shape and hit everything except geography. Realistically I just know I won’t handwash quickly enough to keep up with lunches. I don’t need the stress and I don’t want to buy a dozen of the things.
    CL, I was always grateful that DH came home every day for lunch during the last dozen years he was working because he had his own handyman business and he was always close by home. He made his own lunch at home. And before that, when he was working for The Man, he packed his own lunch. So yeah it was cheap and also more healthy for him. Now that we are retired I make him lunch every day M-F but have sunday off and some
    Saturdays.

Me making him lunch allows me to use up leftovers. I also make a lot of soups and freeze them in lunch size containers.

But now that we have another property out of town, we are separated a couple days out of the week so I try to have lunch type stuff in both refrigerators, but DH is very skilled in the kitchen so I am not at all worried about him making his own lunch. He much prefers that to going out.

On the subject of husbands making their own food, I was talking to our close friend who also has a house in our neighborhood and a country place.She is a great cook and she makes lovely casseroles and soups and freezes them for her husband for the times when she is not at home because she’s in the country. She dispairs because he will not use those, he goes to fast food places. All that sodium UGG!
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-27-19 at 9:41pm.

Thread Information