Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lunch packing container challenge

We are all adults. I work well over 40 hours a week. My husband works 32 hours a week. He can figure it out.

Being female does not mean I have to feed him.

I guess we all find our own way in these things ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    We are all adults. I work well over 40 hours a week. My husband works 32 hours a week. He can figure it out.

Being female does not mean I have to feed him.

I guess we all find our own way in these things ...
    Same here. I don't do his laundry or ironing either.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I’m reading “the meaning of wife”. It only makes feistier in this way. 😄

When I was a child, it took me a long time to realize that if I refused to do something - only because it was expected of me, I was still letting other people’s expectations determine my actions.

i also spent enough years defending my perfectly valid choice (and right to choose) to stay at home and raise my own children, that I am done with those arguments.

work out your own relationships and may they bring you joy.

Note that stainless containers will not be leakproof if they accrue dents. Perhaps look for sturdy plastic containers at the thrift store? That wouldn't create a need for any new plastic in the market. I have a stainless steel insulated container but it was made in China. However, the quality of construction is better than I've seen on the stainless lunch "containers" which often have sharp edges and are fairly thin.

Believe it or not - I spent the 1980s giving birth to 3 babies (2 at home), breastfeeding for 2 years each, homeschooling for the first few years, and being a full time mom. I enjoyed it.

But now that I’m working so much - I don’t see a reason to do all the things for my husband.

It’s a rational decision for me - not a reaction to the expectations of society.

CL, works part time and her husband works long hours so it makes sense to me that she is doing more on the home front. She wants her husband to eat healthy and is willing to spend her time on it. A perfectly valid choice.

Yes - that’s true.

I just want to fix her problem and it seems like there is no acceptable answer! 😄

I have tried to do that in the past too Tammy)

Lunch isn’t a problem.

The problem was leaky or broken containers. The key parameters were plastic free and dishwasher safe.

I just didn’t want to order “this works” and then find out a week later that “this other thing” would have been better.

I’m a swimmer - i’m very pro-swimming. If somebody complains that they “keep getting blisters from running, can you suggest better socks”, I understand asking if they have considered their shoes, or their running surface, and I understand suggesting products to treat their feet inside their socks. But it never occurs to me to say “switch to swimming.” So I never understand why when I say “these parts of what I am doing aren’t working” people insist on telling me to stop doing things. It makes more sense to me that the answer may be “yeah, that’s just not giong to work.” “Sorry, those are the best socks I know. if you’ve ruled out all those other things, I think you’re out of luck.”

Usually I just want to know if somebody smarter or more experienced has an idea to get me from where I am to where I want to be. Often the answer is no.

Thread Information