Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: March Frugals

Yppej

March Frugals

I finished February under budget but March is a longer month with 5 weekends instead of 4, which is when I do things like grocery shop and take the car in for service. Wishing us all luck and frugality this month.

I saved$66 on groceries using only 3 coupons! Shopping the weekly ad from the grocery store is one of the best ways to save money in my opinion. It doesn't require a lot of work, and I can always find something on sale that I like!
    Last edited by Money and Mountains; 3-11-19 at 11:23pm.

Yppej
    Got some laundry detergent on sale at Big Lots.

Checked on an internal job before applying for a transfer. It will pay at a minimum what I make now and will be closer to home. The other location will be scheduling an interview with me next week. An outside company is also interested in me and that would also be lateral or better. Despite the mean girl clique I am not going to just jump ship for anything. My boss appreciates what I do and I feel secure where I am now, and am keeping in mind maximizing my earnings since my SS benefits will be based on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Money and Mountains View Post
    I saved$66 on groceries using only 3 coupons! Shopping the weekly ad from the grocery store is one of the best ways to save money in my opinion. It doesn't require a lot of work, and I can always find something on sale that I like!
    Reading the Market Basket flier each week is something I do with a great deal of interest!

One way we save money grocery shopping is to shop at Winco and we only go once a month. We do pick up milk, fruit etc in between. It forces us to eat what we have and to plan.

Yppej
    Put my profit sharing check into savings.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Reading the Market Basket flier each week is something I do with a great deal of interest!

That is definitely a smart thing to do! I am always surprised how much cheaper the sale items are compared to usual. It is a great deal for sure.

I left work after just 8h yesterday. What's for dinner? Hmmmmmm....

I cooked up a few cups of basmati rice. I cooked up a pan of black beans. I spiced and roasted 2 chicken breasts and shredded them.

We made burrito bowls for dinner and have plenty for dinner tonight adding homemade canned salsa and some sour cream that's been hanging out in the fridge.

I did have hubby stop at Whole Paycheck and buy 2 avocados. 1 for last night, 1 for tonight.

I haven't been to the grocery store in 2 weeks, so the fridge is void of fresh food except for a tiny bit of salad mix and a handful of baby carrots. Will definitely have to go for freshies tomorrow.

Yppej
    I got the cumbersome metal tin of olive oil for bulk pricing.

We did our Q1 analysis today (it's a little early, but that's OK.)

We spent 33% less this year over last year (Needs & Wants combined). This was driven mostly by the fact that last year was a very expensive year with a dog dying and in need of medical care and other unusual expenses (VT house for one).

The past couple of days we made two gallons of beef broth and 4 gallons of chicken broth from scratch. We put them in freezer bags of 16oz and 32oz for when we need them for soups.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information