Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: March Frugals

I finally have a frugal! When DH and I were almost home from our daily walk this AM, we came across a scattered bunch of unused zip ties. We gathered them up since they seem like something that will come in handy at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I finally have a frugal! When DH and I were almost home from our daily walk this AM, we came across a scattered bunch of unused zip ties. We gathered them up since they seem like something that will come in handy at some point.
    Nice! they work great in the garden--I use them to secure our PVC low hoops and also to secure the netting over the hoops.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    I am optimistic I will stay within budget this month despite paying quarterly real estate taxes early for May and getting the furnace cleaned. Cooking more has helped me.

Next month my car is due for a state inspection which could bring some unforeseen expenses although no warning lights are on. I always dread the inspections.

I unexpectedly had a $300 repair bill to my drysuit and an extra $150 I didn't count on for getting tanks set up for doubles.

I sold a wireless tank transmitter for $225 and a no-longer used wetsuit for $200. Shipping was included in those prices, but it's extra $$. The wetsuit had been posted for a a while, but hadn't sold yet.

I had wanted a desk badly and last year I found one at an antique shop for $100. It was old maple, probably from a kid's bedroom set and I love it. I found a chair for $10 at Goodwill that is comfortable. My sister painted the desk for me with milk paint, and I really, really love this desk. My total cost was about $160. counting the paint and the pizza I bought for my sister, so I think that's a really good value!
    55666845_2365256376820378_2696407543902633984_n.jpg

Yppej
    I landed up going over budget for this month because I am adding heat to my bedroom. But my monthly expenditure is close to my historical average.

Wow Yppej, that sounds like a pretty valid expenditure and upgrade, at least in my book. We added a more adequate heating system to our back porch last fall, which is also our dining area and where my desk lives. It really improved our quality of life, and our electric bill has gone way down since we now seldom have to use the supplemental electric heater.

Our house has baseboard electric heat and it’s expensive. When we go to bed we turn it down to 57 and close our bedroom door. Each room has its own heater. That really helped our bill and we can keep our bedroom warmer.

I didn't go to the grocery store for nearly 3 weeks! And then only spent a bit over $150. Me happy camper!

Yppej
    Gardnr I go every week so I can get produce, but I heard if the southern border closes fresh food prices will skyrocket, and if that happens I may skip weeks as well and rely on staples.

Thread Information