Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: March Frugals

Yppej
    I set myself a challenge a few months ago to spend less each week at the grocery store and I am still succeeding. My secret is I am still going through the cans of beans, corn and peaches my son did not want. They are good though I finished with the olives, a lot of which spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I set myself a challenge a few months ago to spend less each week at the grocery store and I am still succeeding. My secret is I am still going through the cans of beans, corn and peaches my son did not want. They are good though I finished with the olives, a lot of which spoiled.
    speaking of using up canned peaches, I made DH eat the ugly brown decades old peaches he canned in the last lifetime.
    I am sick and tired of storing foods for decades. I doled out a little cup of them for his lunches for a couple of weeks. Next we will work on pears, but that can is not ugly brown so I will eat some of them.

While “decades old” is an exaggeration on my part, these peachese were at least eight years old.

I recently blew my stack and made DH put our home canned tomatoes in date order because I am again, sick and tired of random canned stuff sitting around here for years. The next can of tomatoes I open will be from the year 2010.

I would have disposed of that stuff when he was out of town.

Starting to shop more at Aldi. Went right after work yesterday. Spent $60 but got a lot. Hope to make this last the next 2 weeks. 2 gallons of milk, 2 doz eggs, big 12 pk of toilet paper. Came across a 6 pk of low cut women’s sport socks, which I needed. $6.

We’re in Lent, and I tend to go meatless the entire time. Do a lot of pasta and peas. Had a big bowl of couscous and peas for lunch. Yummy. Made a big batch of my quick black bean soup last night. 1 can each of black beans, diced tomatoes, and cream style corn. Last night’s batch was 2 cans of each. Put some in the freezer and a couple of containers to eat this week.

I turn 50 on Wednesday. There will be goodies at work, I’m sure.

Well, I'm trying to control my Amazon One-Click trigger finger. Last night I had an urge to buy Christopher Alexander's book "A Pattern Language" and I one-clicked it and immediately felt guilty. It's $36. So for the first time ever, I immediately asked for a refund.

Like Tradd, my birthday is coming up, so maybe I'll mention the book to my kids who have asked me what I want.

(Happy birthday, Tradd!! A milestone birthday! The 50s aren't bad at all, speaking from experience. And with you being so fit with the diving, you're still very young!)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Well, I'm trying to control my Amazon One-Click trigger finger. Last night I had an urge to buy Christopher Alexander's book "A Pattern Language" and I one-clicked it and immediately felt guilty. It's $36. So for the first time ever, I immediately asked for a refund.

Like Tradd, my birthday is coming up, so maybe I'll mention the book to my kids who have asked me what I want.

(Happy birthday, Tradd!! A milestone birthday! The 50s aren't bad at all, speaking from experience. And with you being so fit with the diving, you're still very young!)
    Why does a pattern language ring a bell to me? Is that an art book? I mean a design book,? Do I own it? Have we talked about it here?I am pretty sure I do own a design book called a pattern language but I’m not sure that it’s this one

Used hard-bound copies run about $26. Just thought I'd mention that...

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Why does a pattern language ring a bell to me? Is that an art book? I mean a design book,? Do I own it? Have we talked about it here?I am pretty sure I do own a design book called a pattern language but I’m not sure that it’s this one
    I think it's a classic. I am always drawn to books that can help me make design and decorating decisions based on the science of aesthetics.

Here it is on Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/Pattern-Langu.../dp/0195019199
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    Used a gift card to go to the movies.

Yesterday I got 8.42y of new quilt fabric for a total $12. Coupons I received for Charity quilts I've turned in this year plus a gift cert free coupon. Yea me!

Thread Information