Thread: oh my, what a night

oh my, what a night

On the coldest night in March since 1960 I think. We had a family birthday party up near Greeley and 2 of my kids could come. They have not been up there in forever and their cousin was turning 16. My oldest daughter came up and then my daughter, SIL and grandbaby also. After some awesome family time (Avery was running around with the dogs and balloons like crazy) we all set off. Then I get a call from my oldest and she had her tires blow out on the road home. It took my 30 minutes to get to her, the tow truck was promised in 120 minutes! And the phone number she called couldn't confirm that she had tow coverage on her full insurance so I paid for it. We were able to get to a subway and hang out in the warm place until we got the call from the tow truck at least, but it was 4 miles each way to any gas station or truck stop.

Now she gets to deal with all the insurance blow out, etc, but I am so glad I was there on such a cold night!

Well, anyone driving in a place like Colorado should prepare for almost anything if not driving in a city. Even with my AAA, 120 minutes is expected in a rural location. Sorry it happened to her. We are having a lot of blow outs here due to potholes. Scary and dangerous.

She is lucky you were there to give her comfort.

Yes the rural areas are places to prepare for. Of course we both had water, a blanket, really warm boots and layers, a snack and a first aid kit! She wasn't sure she had as good of a flashlight as I did however. I have the long heavy ones like the police carry.

Oh, that sort of thing is such a hassle. Two hours is really not bad at all though. I have had to wait over four hours for tow trucks many times. Once, though this was going through AAA which can be slower than calling around yourself and seeing who's available, they said it would be eight to nine hours, as they had a backlog. I walked home as it was only about five miles, but still had to go back in the middle of the night to meet the tow truck. Annoying.
    The more you know, the less you need.