Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coincidences

Loved your story Simplemind!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Simplemind........that gave me chills!

Yeah, Simplemind. Your story MIGHT be something more than a coincidence.. that is a great story.

Thanks, everyone for your amazing stories. Fun stuff! Life can be strange sometimes...
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

DS had a friend who did a documentary in Israel. While DS was on tour he stepped outside and started talking to a guy. Somehow it got around to DS's friend doing a documentary and the guy said oh you mean.. Dennis. Huh???? It truly is a small world.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Although my mom and I loved each other there were a lot of conflicts in our relationship. She was a huge personality and her last days drove home to me that her life would not end with us having put that behind us. She was a creature of habit and each early evening sat down with a glass of Black Box chardonnay and played several hands of solitaire. When she died I actually had her cremated with a Black Box of chardonnay so she could have a glass whenever she got to where she was going. A couple of weeks after her service I was really missing her and went for a hike. I was out in the middle of nowhere in a deeply forested area. I was having a dialog with her as I walked talking about how I wished our relationship had been different and what I wouldn't give to have a glass of wine and a chat. I rounded a corner and low and behold there was an empty Black Box of chardonnay in the middle of the trail. No other garbage anywhere around...….
    That's a wonderful "coincidence." Our loved ones seem to have ways of keeping in touch.

We were at Disneyland - not more than 10 minutes, ran into an old friend - I hadn't seen in YEARS. He was visiting from Las Vegas. We had just come from a convention in Las Vegas the day previous!

A few years later. I needed to do a dealership transfer for a customer in Southern CA. I literally had pages of dealers who I could call. So I just choose the dealership closest to my customer and called. And who picked up the phone? The same guy I ran into at Disneyland. He had divorced, moved to Southern CA from Las Vegas and changed his employment. Kinda gave me chills.

I live in the Seattle area, a friend lives in central Oregon. For years, when I was visiting Portland, I would run into her at various malls, completely unplanned. We were both enthusiastic shoppers, but still--what were the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    We were at Disneyland - not more than 10 minutes, ran into an old friend - I hadn't seen in YEARS. He was visiting from Las Vegas. We had just come from a convention in Las Vegas the day previous!

A few years later. I needed to do a dealership transfer for a customer in Southern CA. I literally had pages of dealers who I could call. So I just choose the dealership closest to my customer and called. And who picked up the phone? The same guy I ran into at Disneyland. He had divorced, moved to Southern CA from Las Vegas and changed his employment. Kinda gave me chills.
    That guy is somehow tied to your detiny!

Thread Information