Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not good news (taxes)

Two years ago, we saved a bunch from a deduction we would never have known about. Turbotax again saved us money. It was an obscure allowance since I was a Federal employee and something to do with Social Security. Not something I would have found.

So sorry for the loss of your friend. Prayers going out to family and friends.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

sorry about your friend. I don't make that much and hopefully qualify for free HR Block online filing

So I played around with that Turbo Tax and I'm hoping I did something wrong. It's more than double what I owed last year. Think I'll still take it to someone...just for the peace of mind and I'll keep digging and see if I can find more expenses to put against DH's contract work side-gig. We may decide that income stream isn't worth it and I'm sure he'd love a little extra time off.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    So I played around with that Turbo Tax and I'm hoping I did something wrong. It's more than double what I owed last year. Think I'll still take it to someone...just for the peace of mind and I'll keep digging and see if I can find more expenses to put against DH's contract work side-gig. We may decide that income stream isn't worth it and I'm sure he'd love a little extra time off.
    Completely off topic, but did you see that Claire Hartley died in December? Poor little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Completely off topic, but did you see that Claire Hartley died in December? Poor little girl.
    Iris, thank you so much for remembering that I knew them. I did not hear the news...we're so out of the loop with our artist circle of friends. She and her sister were such joys to be around. I'll tell my husband and we'll send a card. He found out yesterday another music friend passed away and his funeral is Thursday.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information