Thread: I love my job

I love my job

I may have mentioned that.

our new schedule comes out Thursday. I am nervous and excited. I think i’m going to get 50% more hours - if the classes fill.

and I get two Language arts classes next year.

and today, when I went to check in with the language arts teacher who might hand some kids on to me next year (she’s staying, they’re getting older) I let slip why I was asking her questions. One girl who is new to me in a different class lit up like a Christmas tree, and two of my favorite kids started asking questions to try to figure out if the class would work for them.

i just said “I don’t know. I don’t have all the details. Schedule comes out Thursday and i’ll be available to talk to parents at the open house (Tuesday). Now pay attention to the language arts class you are actually in!”

(and i I love you too....) 😊

That’s awesome news!

That's so affirming, CL.

Awesome, I love it. Sounds like you are one of 'those teachers' that kids love for years. That really bring out the special in everyone.

Nothing better than a truly great teacher. I still remember my high school history teacher, my English teacher, the two nuns in grammar school with a heart.

Teachers do make a difference and I applaud you guys who have dedicated your lives to being there for your students.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I absolutely love my retirement job teaching my online college class. Just found out it ends in May and I am so bummed. They are revising some courses and getting rid of others. They don’t know what category mine will be in. If revised it will be at least a year. They will look for another social work class for me to teach online but no guarantees.

I am so sorry to hear that Terry. I hope they find another class for you.

Bummer. I’m sorry TT.

my schedule looks pretty good. And light up girl is definitely getting referred to my class.

Thread Information