Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Today is a Good Day

After 18" of snow 2 weeks ago (which is huge for us Valley dwellers) - the sun is shining. The daffodils and crocus are blooming. The neighborhood kitty is sleeping outside in the sun.
    Adult children all have good jobs. Another grandchild is on the way. DD and SIL have had lots of infertility issues and when they took a break from getting the medical procedures - success!
    A baby boy coming this Summer. SIL held up ultra sound picture reminiscent of Rafiki holding up Simba in the Lion King! They are very excited. We are all very blessed - it is a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    After 18" of snow 2 weeks ago (which is huge for us Valley dwellers) - the sun is shining. The daffodils and crocus are blooming. The neighborhood kitty is sleeping outside in the sun.
    Adult children all have good jobs. Another grandchild is on the way. DD and SIL have had lots of infertility issues and when they took a break from getting the medical procedures - success!
    A baby boy coming this Summer. SIL held up ultra sound picture reminiscent of Rafiki holding up Simba in the Lion King! They are very excited. We are all very blessed - it is a great day.
    Congratulations on the baby boy, Greg--and nice to see you posting!!

As for me, it's a good day because, even though it's rainy, we got to see our son/dil/2gs.
    And because I had to run into the convenience store for DH and snagged a black and white cookie for myself.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

The sun is shining bright today! I love the snow/winter and I'll take the sunshine too!

It was a good week as we traveled to see our grand-twins far away and now nine months old. The cuteness factor would make anyone feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    It was a good week as we traveled to see our grand-twins far away and now nine months old. The cuteness factor would make anyone feel better.
    So happy to hear that!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

So happy to hear about grandkids and babies too be. How awesome!

Joy Spring, especially Clifford Brown on trumpet 1:45 to 3:25...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnK6OHPQZbA

Much later, Manhattan Transfer recorded a "Vocalese" version of Joy Spring including the thought:
    Once you know about the spring you can always smile
    It becomes your one expression
    And you're always wearin' it
    Like the Buddhas do.

It's a great day because:
    1. I slept until 630 (rare) even though I was awake 230-330.
    2. The surgery schedule is minimal so I'm working at home today.
    3. Amongst working at home, I will be sprinkling in some quilting time
    4. Gorgeous sunshine even though it's 27 degrees outside! It's March in the NW, what you expect?

They will still get their money's worth out of me.

It's a great day because: We weeded the blueberry bed. The sun was shining, most of the snow is gone and it got up to 50 degrees! AND THE BLUEBERRY WEEDING IS DONE!!!

It is RAINING. My family loves to hear rain after the many months of freezing temperatures... plus, the snow is finally melting!

Thread Information