Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Today is a Good Day

I love it when the impossible task list gets some things marked off! And you never know what can end up on that list.

I am on the weekend. We had a great spirit day at work, kids dressed like teachers and teachers dressed like kids. I got to wear unicorn leggings all day, so comfy. There were some super cute kids. I loaned one my Starbucks tumbler so she could look like her stressed teacher with coffee.

Yppej
    Today we shed the arctic air mass.

Today I get to make airplane cookies to celebrate the 20th anniversary of my son's arrival to our home!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Today is a good day- we're basically healthy, we have a (slightly problematic) roof over our heads, indoor plumbing, central heating (which we have really appreciated this winter!! food, clean water, etc-) and enough wherewithal to make it through fairly large unexpected schtuff. But mainly I'm feelin' it's a good day because I'm off work and don't plan to leave the property today! Hoping to get some items checked off the to-do list (which, embarrassingly, does NOT get shorter as I get older, in fact I've taken to carrying over "to-dos" from year to year now....) and put a little planing time into our bucket list trip for 2020 - a family trip to Scotland. I am a little concerned for many reasons, but if we're going to do it, we need to do it soon. DB is 77 and slowing down, DH isn't getting any easier to live with, and life doesn't wait for me the way it used to!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Today we shed the arctic air mass.
    I share your joy about this one!

Hubby has an uncle who is 80 today. We're driving the 4h round trip to help him celebrate. My Dad only made it to 71. I'm so happy for Stan and his family!

Will be meeting a friend at a bookstore and then going to get a bite to eat. Long-time close friends really are gold.

Yesterday I was jealous of all the good days you guys were reporting while mine was just so-so, but good things must come to those who wait!

I awoke today to an email from a nice gentleman in Nigeria. He started off by telling me that he had completed the multi-million dollar transaction he had previously offered me with another person , but would like to reward me with the gift of $900,000.00 . All I have to do is forward some of my personal information so they know where to deposit the money.

Who's jealous now?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    Will be meeting a friend at a bookstore and then going to get a bite to eat. Long-time close friends really are gold.
    Old friends, old books and old booze really are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I got some difficult projects done (from my Impossible Task list), so I'm basking in afterglow. Then I will confront the next wave of onerous business.
    can't wait to get into my garden! But we still have a bunch of snow on the ground.

Thread Information