Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Today is a Good Day

Why Today is a Good Day

1. I started on a Lenten 40 days/40 bags of declutter and I did a big bag from my front hall closet
    2. A client confirmed he (therefore I) won a project, and the project is bigger than expected
    3. The scope of another project I won last week has also grown by 3 countries
    4. I got a $100 reimbursement in the mail from a company that went under

I'm grateful.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Catherine, I am happy for you. My day has been terrible with my teaching job ending which I really love.

That sounds like a very good day indeed, Catherine!
    Today was a good day for me too. I helped my mom (who has early Alzheimer's) with some critical errands and then she treated me to lunch at a favorite little lunch spot that we have. She said how much she liked it there, that it felt cozy and she felt very much at home. On the ride home, she said that she felt very happy. She has been going through such a difficult time that I can only begin to imagine, so I am grateful that I was aware enough to appreciate those moments as they were occurring, for the jewels that they were.

Yppej
    Today was good. One mean girl was off and the others were subdued since higher ranking people from another group are in our area temporarily due to an office renovation. I heard on an internal job I applied for at another location. They expect to interview me next week.

Something else to add! Now it's a GREAT day!!

I just spoke with my son whose wife is midway through her pregnancy. They had their 20+ week visit with the doctor and the baby and DIL are healthy.

AND I'm having a granddaughter!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

1. I woke up and so did hubby
    2. We had some sunshine amidst the snow-filled winter.
    3. Roof over my head and a warm home.

LIFE IS GRAND!

* I heard our program is great from the principal at the school (we are supervised by another department)
    * I get to do programming for summer camp (as opposed to admin work)
    * I am having a really good dinner

The first big flower show of the season is set up and all exhibits are in and judged. I am in charge of the Design section so it is a relief to get it up. On to the next one, Daffodil show next month.

I got some difficult projects done (from my Impossible Task list), so I'm basking in afterglow. Then I will confront the next wave of onerous business.

Geila
    My gardens are full of color and blooms: red and pink camellias (almost 3 doz shrubs), yellow daffodils, 3 big lemon trees full of gorgeous fruit, red berries and plum and orange foliage on heavenly bamboos, red bark and tiny chartreuse foliage on Japanese maples, etc., - even a red rose is blooming right now! And the weather is nice enough that I can go out there and enjoy all this beauty every day.

Thread Information