Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Iowa

Hi from Iowa

Hi everyone,
    It has been a dream 20 years in the making but finally my husband and the menagerie and I moved into our 5 acres in a berm home with a pond and spring and ample garden! I have been slowly decreasing time at work and working on the plan to retire early so I can do what I love and spent time with the people and creatures I love. I'm a gardener with a passion for the history of herbs especially, and I'm building my greenhouse from old windows and can't wait for spring. I'm fed up with being a slave to a corporate job and I'm fed up with the accouterments of that job that inevitably cost me a lot of money: the driving, the parking, the clothes, the technology needs. I'm remaking my life, right down to my values. Very happy to be here and listen to your stories.

Hi! My husband and I are from Iowa. We now live in Missouri.

Each time I visit Iowa I just want to shovel all of that beautiful black soil into my car and take it home.

Welcome!

Nice! Welcome!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Welcome! You're life sounds intriguing!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Hi! My husband and I are from Iowa. We now live in Missouri.

Each time I visit Iowa I just want to shovel all of that beautiful black soil into my car and take it home.

Never thought I would live in Iowa, let alone love it so much, especially after growing up in Australia. But I love this place.

I'm getting it figured out, for sure!

Welcome!

I think of Iowa as the home of All Grinnellians Great and Small!

I am impressed by the Center for Prairie Studies at Grinnell College. http://www.grinnell.edu/sites/defaul...rieSuite_1.pdf

Welcome! I live in the state above yours but I went to university in Iowa. Go Cyclones!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Welcome!

I think of Iowa as the home of All Grinnellians Great and Small!

I am impressed by the Center for Prairie Studies at Grinnell College. http://www.grinnell.edu/sites/defaul...rieSuite_1.pdf
    What is your connection to Grinnell college, Dado?

My Grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and their children, went to Grinnell on one side of my family. It is a big fat hairy deal in my family, so much so that I am annoyed by the reverence shown for the Harvard of the Praries.

I did not go there nor did my parents of that side of the family.Probably we are not smart enough. Yet, I don’t give a chit.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 3-8-19 at 8:59pm.

Thread Information