Thread: what goes around

what goes around

I have a friend I have been meditating with for about 6 years. he and I were the last facilitators of our local group that went down with larger group scandal. We meet sometimes at a new group, it is really good to see him. And it is important to have friends that are different than me (30 yo male in financial services) but similar (meditating since college).

I was talking to him about how I am struggling in my new role as a treasurer for the non-profit I am helping with and he gave me his old laptop! It is pretty basic, but better than trying to do this all on a chrome book. I can use all the word functions and save to a flash drive very quickly. I love a lot of google docs features, but not for everything. I can now take my time in replacing my laptop and still pay for retreats.

That’s great! I always love it when someone can use something I don’t need anymore.

This works a lot. Let others know that a need exists and often thru networking it will be found. One nonprofit needed a forklift. They were discussing it and another nonprofit heard about their need. Turns out they had an excess one so either gave it to them or charged them very little for it and the forklift was sent on its way to a third nonprofit when the second one was absorbed into a new group. In another case, they needed a file cabinet. Let their volunteer group know and 17 file cabinets were offered to them.

I love this kind of cooperation.

Yes it does work well, my teacher's non-profit that I am working with has been supporting the people who were left group-less when the larger organization imploded. We got 2 people on our board from them and they are using our non-profit status for now. I finally decided to join as treasurer because I care about the larger community,

As meditators we don't need a forklift however!!