Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Other People’s stuff

Today my friend called to ask me to meet her movers at her house a week from today because they’re going to take additional stuff from her house. I told her I didn’t know where I would be a week from today, I might be in Hermann, but more importantly I just don’t wanna make that commitment.

She Then said that maybe our mutual friend, her real estate agent who is handling only the transaction for a very limited amount of money, would let them in I told her Gee I don’t think he would do that but I can’t speak for him. She doesn’t realize that he and I have talked about her abandoning her house and we are both annoyed by that. He is not charging her a commission, he has a flat fee apecially for her because he is her friend and also, she found the buyer.

She has the best real estate agent in our neighborhood who makes well over $100,000 a year opening up her house for various piddly things the buyers want to do.

I suggested to her that she consider hiring someone to take over managing the groups who will be in and out of her house. She had not thought about that so I hope I planted the seed.

Nicely played IR

Update: my friend assured me she didnt expect me to do anything on her former “must do” list because those tasks have all been thrown by the wayside. She hadnt told me that these expectations were no longer The Plan.

It seems the computer hard drives will not get cleaned, the cable equipment will not be returned, the liqour doesnt need special recipients after all, the remaining house stuff will not go to the Salvation Army, and the house itself may not be cleaned as she promised the buyers. Her handyman who has a key is now charged with removing all remaining stuff and for that he gets to keep it.

She offered us one of her giant tvs and that is nice, but I dont want a giant tv.

I think there is a 50% chance the handyman will accomplish it all. He is very hard working but he doesnt drive, he has a full time job, and he has a substance abuse problem that occasionally rises up. so —hmmm. But not my circus, I wont worry about it now.

Erg. As the grandchild, niece, and mother of alcoholics, all I can think is “she gave the keys to an empty house to an addict and threw in free booze. Great.” Nothing like temptation....

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Erg. As the grandchild, niece, and mother of alcoholics, all I can think is “she gave the keys to an empty house to an addict and threw in free booze. Great.” Nothing like temptation....
    Well, there was drama about the booze.

...not my circus...not my monkies...

repeat

When the buyers do their walk through before closing they could refuse to close until empty and clean. She sounds like a moron or someone used to using people.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    When the buyers do their walk through before closing they could refuse to close until empty and clean. She sounds like a moron or someone used to using people.
    She is very very generous. Sometimes not practical about other people’s time. Like most Americans, she values the crap more than time although she is pretty realistic about the value of her furniture but
    i thnk has weird ideas about food, foodstuffs, and electronics. A 15 year old MAC isnt of much practical value imho.not that she wants money for it, ahe wants her handyman to use it to bring him into the computer age.

i just got a text from her asking if we had changed our minds and took the giant tv after all. She offered it to us and would be fine if I took it. Except that I did not take it. So, that appears to be missing.

Well, ouch.

it turns out tha DH took the giant ass tv. He could not be bothered to tell anyone because he is so very very super dooper busy.

I care less that we will have to host this monstor than I care that his usual communication style was employed, that which he tells no one anything.

He wasted everyone’s time.

I hope it’s not one of the old ones because they take a lot of space. My husband office is looking crappy again. I doubt I will ever clean it again. Good that she’s a generous person.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I hope it’s not one of the old ones because they take a lot of space. My husband office is looking crappy again. I doubt I will ever clean it again. Good that she’s a generous person.
    oh no! My friend has the latest technology and is very generous with it. It is, like, maybe 50” or something like that.

I am pissed at DH but my friend is laughing at us and she is absolutely right, we are ridiculous!

Thread Information