Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Other People’s stuff

50" seems huge to me, since I watch a modest 25" model, but it seems like a standard size these days. I might go up to 32" eventually, if they even offer that size down the road.

We have a 50” in living room and bedroom. I would have taken it too. Men can be so annoying.

Based upon the responses from you ladies, I'm guessing that size really does matter.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Our grandson was paid double for cleaning the garage and house just this week. Cause my husband and I are too busy to communicate clearly so husband thought it was $30 for garage and $30 for house. The 12 year old got $60.

We too are ridiculous. 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Based upon the responses from you ladies, I'm guessing that size really does matter.
    Yeah buddy, nope.

I like my modest 32” teevee that I dont even watch anymore because I watch everything on my iPad.I think there’s something interesting and probably not healthy in the way that my brain interacts with the video that sits on my chest via the iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It's not the size of the TV that matters, it's the fit of the TV in the size of the room...
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We couldn’t go any bigger in our living room because it’s not that big.

IL, I absolutely hate the big TV we, no my husband, has in our living room. It takes over and I am always worried someone will want to break in and steal it. So the curtains are mostly closed and I even am slightly concerned when the window is open. We live in an urban area where this has happened. Our living room is tiny and it takes up the whole end.

(TV is too loud, too big, too bright, too everything.)

OK, rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    IL, I absolutely hate the big TV we, no my husband, has in our living room. It takes over and I am always worried someone will want to break in and steal it. So the curtains are mostly closed and I even am slightly concerned when the window is open. We live in an urban area where this has happened. Our living room is tiny and it takes up the whole end.

(TV is too loud, too big, too bright, too everything.)

OK, rant over.
    oh honey, this monsterous thing is not coming into our living room. I am sure DH took it to Hermann where it can sit for a while, I suppose.

I know exactly what you mean because our TV here in our urban neighborhood living room is backed up against the wall between two windows and cannot be seen from the street. Someone broke into our house years ago and stole the TV, and we had it exactly where the cops said we should not have it —easily visible from the street. And that wasn’t even a big TV, it was another one that was 30 inches or 32 inches.

Update on my friend’s house: several plans later to clean out her house ( still requiring multiple crews without keys) all of the stuff is gone and a simple cleaning was accomplished by a hired guy and his girlfriend, not her regular handyman.

When I went to her house late yesterday to look over the cleaning job I mistakenly opened the cabinet doors under the sink and saw quite a lot of mouse droppings. Those are fresh since I pulled out everything under that sink a few weeks ago. Sigh.

So still the mice are running around there even though there is little for them to dine on. This was bugging me so Today
    i went over there and wiped out two bottom cabinets. The mice seem active only in those cabinets and that fits with where
    i have seen them.

The buyers are coming for final walk through this afternoon. I did not want them presented immediately with mouse droppings in the unlikly event they checked cabinets. I will probably do one more swipe of these cabinets Sunday night. They take possession Monday morning.

One of the plans that fell thru called for the alcoholic handyman to remove everything, but he flaked on part of it, then flaked out later on the final job requiring a frantic posting to Nextdoor asking for help to lift furniture out of this house. Then there was an accident with furniture that caused a hole 12” wide in the drywall, so my friend is negotiating that now with the buyers.

But the handyman surprised all this morning by bringing a key to this house to me, So that is one thing we don’t have to worry about.

Thread Information