Thread: waiting for snowmaggedon

waiting for snowmaggedon

Apparently the massive storm is just lurking and about to hit anytime. Several school districts have already cancelled for tomorrow. Meanwhile my district is taking a wait and see approach. I did stop and buy some yarn on the way home, and have ice cream bars since I have been struggling with a sore throat and lack of voice. I was almost ready to see if I could get a sub for today but I started to perk up mid-day and I really couldn't be out. So I am more than ready for a day off.

Waiting too just a little south of you. You get the snow, we get the wind. I just hope another spruce tree doesn't blow over on our neighbor like two years ago.

The snow is just starting now, really wet and heavy. I woke up coughing early, with runny nose and the whole package. Super glad to have a day off. I hope your trees are okay. In denver we don't have as much wind issues

The weather guys get pretty creative with names these days. They are calling it a "bomb cyclone".

Blowing horribly now...my first blizzard here! I can hear the trees cracking.

Oh pinky, are you in the spings? What a way to experience winter,

Yep. In the Springs. I have never heard wind whistling like this before. Glad we have underground utility lines.

Well just looked out the front window and our 60 ft spruce went down. Luckily, it didn't hit anything but is laying across the street. This is our second big tree in two years. I hate the wind here...might be time to go back home.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Well just looked out the front window and our 60 ft spruce went down. Luckily, it didn't hit anything but is laying across the street. This is our second big tree in two years. I hate the wind here...might be time to go back home.
    We almost moved to Boulder once...and while we were there 3 semi-trucks flipped on the highway as we were driving. I can't do wind like that and it was part of the reason we turned down the offer! I was always so afraid of tornadoes growing up. We've got 50 mph winds again today and I heard Colorado had some close to 90 yesterday. Crazy.

So sorry about your tree. Very sad. We lost 3 trees in December to wind and 8 maybe 14 years ago.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Oh yes, the wind here is pretty intense. When I was in Boulder for college I had a dorm room on the 9th floor. Sometimes the water in the toilets would be moving and the building swayed. The highway I took from college to my parents in the foothills was notoriously windy, HWY 93. There were warning for high profile vehicles, like my old van. I remember walking to campus in the high wind, it was hard going!

Thread Information