Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump, violence....

Trump, violence....

This is pretty zany stuff.

" “You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay, I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad. "

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-of-democrats/

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/...t-told-us.html

I read both articles and want to change my response, I also want to use a lot of bleeping words. It still sounds like playground talk but Trump actually means it. But some of these sentences make no sense at all! Except the clear point that violence is threatened.

So who's he threatening? Congress? Mueller?

It wouldn't surprise me if he declared martial law. He's anointed by God, ya know, so he can do no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    So who's he threatening?
    I think it is a subtler, older form of evil.

He's simply saying "boy, if you people don't behave, it'd be a shame if all my followers decided to take matters into their own hands". He's not threatening, exactly....

"Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?" - not an order, and how unfortunate about that poor Archbishop.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I think it is a subtler, older form of evil.

He's simply saying "boy, if you people don't behave, it'd be a shame if all my followers decided to take matters into their own hands". He's not threatening, exactly....

"Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?" - not an order, and how unfortunate about that poor Archbishop.
    Michael Cohen, during his appearance before Congress, described Trump's roundabout way of making demands/getting things done as speaking in "code." It's obviously far less subtle than that. ("It would be a shame if Matty the Squid were to get his knees broken in an unfortunate accident, you know?")
    Last edited by JaneV2.0; 3-14-19 at 8:09pm.

When people talk about talking in code or dog whistles, I get the picture of one of those silent raves where everybody dances to the music in their own earbuds.

Watching that interview with Axios, all I could see is a man who is totally committed to self-preservation at all costs. He would go to war to protect his ego.

I would hope that most people enter public service motivated by at least a decent amount of desire to work FOR the people they are serving.

I don't see that "other-focused" quality in Trump at all and the more he gets cornered by "the enemy" the more dangerous he's likely to get. He spends so much time obsessed with what people think about him, and wields his power only in service to DJT.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

And now the virulent racism espoused by him and his henchmen--Bannon, Miller, et al--has made its way to New Zealand. It's like some deadly virus and he's Patient Zero.

The New Zealand shooting is huge, so many people. There is only so much you can do to protect since it could happen anywhere. That means the threats of violence from the leadership in our country are a huge problem, it is so easy for a couple people with weapons to cause huge harm.

1994, then Senator Jesse Helms saying something similar to then President Clinton on the president's visit to North Carolina: "He better bring his bodyguard." At least back then Helms was denounced by his fellow Republicans and backpedaled. Today, that's just another yawner, barely even newsworthy...
    http://articles.latimes.com/1994-11-..._1_jesse-helms

Thread Information