Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 1/2 week thread, march to may

6 1/2 week thread, march to may

Good Morning! And welcome to another installment of chicken lady tries to get through the year.

if anybody would like like to join me with some short term goals, please jump in!

i am going to keep working in my areas from the last thread, but this time I have some specific goals.
    way too many specific goals! They are mostly spring focused.

1) spring pottery sale - make some cylindrical vases (whatever I get done by this weekend) and try selling them with little willow trees. Fire at least three loads of my new style of pot. Check hippo inventory and fill in gaps. Don’t over pack.

2) garden - make a plan for planting and get things in on time. Keep the vegetable garden area weeded/mulched, clear the blackberry canes from the fruit/ornamental area.

3) barn - finish cleaning off/up and organizing the paved area. Move boy goats to outdoor living, update goat registrations and get new babies on Craigslist. Post winter bunny grooming and goat pedicures

4) work - get out graduation letters to seniors and make them hippos (tradition), finish lesson plans to the end of the year, start an evaluation for each student. Finish cleaning out and organizing the slip molds and packing materials.

5) home - big push this week to look for trash - last service day is March 29. Finish getting all non- pottery stuff out of studio space.
    Last edited by Chicken lady; 3-24-19 at 10:02am.

By end of March: finish taxes and finish retitling assets into my trust. Also need to get new accounts set up for our church- we've merged with another small one and I'm treasurer, so have to get all accounts renamed, etc..
    April - start back up with the interior painting projects in the house.
    May - yard work (flowers, clean-up, etc.).
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

March:
    1. start seeds in greenhouse: eggplant, cucumber, zucchini, and
    2. I'm going to start beets in there too. Quail love to eat any seed directly sewn and we get no food. little buggers.
    3. finish 2 more quilts for my charity group.

April:
    1. clean up garden beds and
    2. apply fresh mushroom compost so it can settle in (planting here is after June 1).
    3. Do finish work on new 1/2 bath at the cabin.
    4. Make a decision on flooring for our city home. This carpet no longer looks clean after extraction so it's really time to go. (decor is of no interest to me but I don't like the dirty look worse).

Oh yeah, do our taxes......

I think that's enough on top of 50h work weeks and being gone for 10d in April: 5d vaca and 5d business meeting in Nashville.

Yppej
    Lose the weight I gained over the winter by going back on the keto diet.

Start a new job, either the transfer approved at work already or I have an interview outside the company scheduled next week.

Start going on day trips on the weekend since with a new job I will not have time off or not be able to take vacation while in training even though I have the time at my existing company.

Plant the garden.

Deal with homeowners insurance. I got a letter today that my agent is switching companies without checking with me. Time to price shop. The hitch is I may need to unfreeze my credit to do this.

Finish reading 1000 Books to Read Before You Die and develop a master reading list for myself.

Ten days in and i’m Already overwhelmed by all the things I won’t be doing on that list!

i am working on inventory for the pottery sale, but the cylinders were a pipe dream! I’ve started what I hope will be a series of 100 of them that will take as long as it takes. I have done two successful firings of the new to though, and anticipate more than one more. Hippos will be what they are.

garden - doing ok, need to repot seedlings.

barn - done nothing.

work - made a little progress on slip molds and packing materials

home - trash collection is over and I did pretty well with it. One big deconstruction project I didn’t get to, so maybe if I get trash service again in two years. Tomorrow I have to make my third call to them about billing/their equipment (for three months of service - not counting the one to sign up or the one to cancel - because they wouldn’t let me just sign up for three months) I will be happy when they take their recycling bin away and send me a correct bill and I mail it in!

Yppej
    Weight is the same.

I had my outside interview and should hear this week. My boss is stalling on my internal transfer.

No weekend trips yet.

I planted arugula and Swiss chard seeds. The rest will wait until we no longer have a danger of frost.

New homeowner's policy is written, but no bill has generated yet as it is more than 45 days out. I am trying to get the policy at a new company I never authorized cancelled with the old agent. They unilaterally decided to switch me as of my policy renewal date.

I finished my reading list.

Taxes are done. Still have two items to retitle for trust. No painting as of yet! I've gotten side-tracked with another project. Our church has merged with another one. I'm treasurer of both one of the old churches and the new one. I've been busy getting the tax ID number, new accounts set up, payroll, etc.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Yppej
    I decided to withdraw my application from the outside job due to some red flags.

The old insurance is cancelled, waiting on the bill for the new one. I did receive the policy.

This weekend I will be hiking.

How did the last week go?

my spring sale went well. I was good on hippos, and got plenty of my new style pots done, although I should apparently have made more orange. I punted on the cylinders with trees. I overpacked less.

the garden needs to be the next focus - I have repotted fewer than half of my seedlings and don’t have a plan. I also have a lot of native trees to plant.

Barn still on hold.

graduation letters out but haven’t started hippos.

made some progress on the slip molds at school, but none on my studio space. I’m feeling more relaxed now that the trash service is over - one less deadline in my weeks.

Glad your sale went well. My friend came over with her rainbow vacuum that uses water and her, my husband and I ripped apart our bedroom and moved all the furniture out from the wall and the amount of Noki hair was unbelievable even after him being gone 2 months. Then we discovered Max has been peeing on the outside of the crates and had to take them outside to be scrubbed. A lovely combination of hair and pee. That should be much better for my allergies and asthma.

Thread Information