Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6 1/2 week thread, march to may

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    They were very small trees - two shovels of dirt and hammer in a stake.

it is so wet we didn’t feel a need to water them in this year, but dh said to only get 30 next year.

i’m sure Iris lilies would say get zero trees....

yppej, i’m Sorry about your weight. It sounds like you are making some progress however. Your boss annoys me.
    In order to keep nature balanced, DH is continuing to chop down trees here.

Your property must be huge if you are planting all those trees. IL, I think I totally understand that this house is your new focus project and you don’t care if it takes decades to finish.

This is the Internet and you all only know about me what I choose to share. So in a rare spirit of complete sharing,
    I will also say that we have planted quite a few trees: fruit trees, plus a screen of arborvitaes. All trees are not bad, just trees that are in the way also weed/junk trees and nearly dead trees. These latter things are all very bad.

We have 3 fruit trees in our backyard. I have a love/hate relationship with them because although they provide shade for the back of the house they are messy. Right now the little flowers are falling off all over my patio and get tracked into the house. We will clean them up and within days we have more. Yesterday I tackled the dining room and got it done.

Yppej
    I have started training for the new job. There is a lot less free food there and I have lost a little weight. For the next three weeks I will be splitting my time, then I will be permanently in the new location.

So far I have gone on one day trip to Great Blue Hill.

I am still dealing with the homeowners insurance switchover. For weeks I have been trying to get a bill. After over a dozen contacts with the insurance company and insurance agent I was finally told deposits are required for new policies. My agent never told me this or collected one which messed everything up, and no one knew this was the issue until I demanded to speak to a supervisor. They kept saying just wait another day or two.

Mother's Day weekend I will get and plant my frost-sensitive plants.

Great news Y on starting the new job. My spring cleaning has come to a halt and I have done nothing. I have picked up some consulting work and been doing some fun things.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I have started training for the new job. There is a lot less free food there and I have lost a little weight. For the next three weeks I will be splitting my time, then I will be permanently in the new location.

I am still dealing with the homeowners insurance switchover. For weeks I have been trying to get a bill. After over a dozen contacts with the insurance company and insurance agent I was finally told deposits are required for new policies. My agent never told me this or collected one which messed everything up, and no one knew this was the issue until I demanded to speak to a supervisor. They kept saying just wait another day or two.

How can insurance agents be so incompetent? I would be thinking about changing over to a different one, especially if he can get a different agent that Percent of the same company that you signed up for.

Yppej
    The agent is AAA and they have the best prices around. The supervisor said going forward it will be a renewal and I will not have these issues. They have a script that they must ask, "Is there anything else I can do to help you?" at the end of the call and I said, "Yes, call the agent and educate him" and she said she would on Monday.

Yppej,
    i hope that the insurance becomes simple now.

i did part of all my goals, but none of any. I think the progress approach is definitely better for me. I have been reading a book called “the renaissance soul” which is really speaking to me. I will post more about that in starting the next thread, because, happy beltain, it is a new cross-quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

I totally missed that you got the new job - congratulations! I hope it works out well for you. It is a much better commute, right?

Thread Information