Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6 1/2 week thread, march to may

Yppej
    Weight is down slightly, but the hiking trip did not work out logistically. No further trips as DS and I are not getting along. I should plan something with someone else.

My boss says I have to train my replacement before he lets my transfer go through. In 3 1/2 weeks he has only interviewed one person and I overheard him telling her he is "early in the process". Ugh!

Hmm, it may be time to start doing outside interviews again...

Teacher Terry, how does the vacuuming fit into your short term goals? Are you working on a total spring clean?

Yes every spring I clean the entire house including windows, curtains, etc.

I put together a general plan for the garden. It starts “build time machine, plant two weeks ago...”

ok, but actually I am stripping winter cover off beds and hoping to get something in the ground this week. Progress, not perfection.

yesterday I moved the boy goats to the far field (I had to patch the fence in three places) and did one goat’s hooves.

i am going to work in my studio this morning because anything I make for the class I am taking has to be done by Sunday. And I’m not sure I can get into the studio on Sunday...

How are you guys doing? I did the living room today. I don’t love to clean but love the end result.

You all are making great progress! Sometimes I get inspired to tackle a chore after I read here...

The studio is closed, but I did end up making 11 pieces. Two I am less than excited about, but I want to use them to try done glaze techniques. I’ve actually had two post sale inquiries about my work, and one looks like it will lead to an additional sale (with no bite for commission, which is nice!)

garden still not planted, but dh and I planted 45 trees today.

barn us a disaster because the boys escaped from their fence again (I can’t figure out how) and had a wild rumpus. Still need to groom bunny and hooves.

Made more progress on the molds and packing materials in my classroom, but my home studio is falling into disarray again.

Yppej
    My weight is slightly up, which I attribute to stress from slow progress on my job transfer. The boss has said I can go for 3 days training in May and after that "we'll see".

DS and I have patched things up and have a day trip planned for next weekend.

My seeds have not sprouted so I have a Plan B in mind for the garden.

I am getting estimates on a roof replacement before the new homeowners insurance company possibly sends a spy out to nitpick at the property.

Thank you bumping this thread up so I can focus on trying to get back on track.

Y, it’s terrible that your boss can hold you up for so long. When I worked for the state they couldn’t keep you more than 2 weeks. CL, wow 45 trees is a huge undertaking.

They were very small trees - two shovels of dirt and hammer in a stake.

it is so wet we didn’t feel a need to water them in this year, but dh said to only get 30 next year.

i’m sure Iris lilies would say get zero trees....

yppej, i’m Sorry about your weight. It sounds like you are making some progress however. Your boss annoys me.

Thread Information