Thread: Sellbackyourbook dot com

Sellbackyourbook dot com

I am a slow reader and tend to get a couple or few books going at a time. Result is that I typically buy books rather than use library services. I shop used on Amazon and can usually get a few dollars savings off new, although some older unpopular books can go for less than a dollar, and of course there is postage. But now I have several books I'm certain to never re-read or pass along. I just recently stumbled across sell your books web site. https://www.sellbackyourbook.com/ Far as I can tell, it looks pretty easy. You enter the ISBN number above the bar code, print out one of their shipping labels, box em up, and they pay postage. I tested a few books I might want to get rid of. Some they only offer pennies but others what seems like a decent used price.

Anyone else tried these guys or some thing similar out? Or otherwise maybe the info could be helpful for others like me?

I actually have a seller's account on Amazon for selling used books, and results were disappointing. I think I sold 2 books out of a couple dozen, and by the time you post, communicate with the buyer, pack and ship the book, the only gratification is that the book is being bought by someone who wants to read it, getting it out of your own book clutter. If you're looking to make money, forget it.

Not sure if Sellbackyourbook is different. If you try it, let us know!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

There is some money to be made selling some books to some people sometimes. It is unlikely the average Joe is going to make any money and I can’t see how that website even breaks even for postage.

I’ve begun the process of culling my children’s book collection. There are two books that I could probably sell for, I don’t know, maybe $15 low-end or $40 high-end. But that’s not even worth it to me I’m gonna turn it into a local book shop and they can make the money. In addition to those two volumes I will also donate a few others that he may or may not be able to make money on, his call. These are antiquarian books I am talking about, books with important illustrations but the editions are not all that great.

When it comes to new trade titles I see little point in trying to sell them.

Diana in Wisconsin, remember her? She has a nice little side business selling books but she knows what to look for, and she lives outside of a large university town so there is specialized material floating about there.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 3-21-19 at 1:24pm.

I had a friend who dumpster dives in a college town and has made some money in the past with books on Amazon and eBay. He has said that other than textbooks and collector book, ebooks pretty much killed the market and won't hassle with it anymore. I have given books to the library in the past. They have a big book sale every year or so and I've pictured the many unsold books going to recycle. Might be worth asking them about that some day. Sell back your books looks so easy I think I will give it a go.

Thread Information