Thread: Wildfires already

Wildfires already

It's only March and yesterday there were two wildfires, one in the greater Salem, OR, area and one in Kelso, WA about 30 miles north of me in SW Wash.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but we. neeeeeed. rain!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I just ordered a new set of wildland fire boots, ouch $$$.

It's really disconcerting that so much is happening with the weather, from coast to coast....fires, drought, tornadoes, hurricanes. All that flodding in the upper midwest is just awful. And I've been hearing about all the dead livestock. Where will all those bodies end up? The weather is up and down, up and down. Is anyone feeling like this is going to be the new normal, and is there anything we humans SHOULD do to lessen it? When will we reach that point........or ever? I hope the horse isn't out of the barn......and we're already at the point of no return. Have a nice day! LOL.......that's what my DH and I say after we've said horrible things about anything.

Ten days ago it was freezing, and this week we segued right into summer with temperatures in the high seventies. Pass Spring, go directly to Summer. I'm not surprised fire season has started already.

Much to my surprise, there was a wildfire in New Jersey, which usually receives alot of rain! fortunately, it was put out quickly but this happened in a normally wet region!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Checking in from Arizona to say: We've done OK with rain the past several months and thanks to an extremely intense end of February storm, there's a great deal of melting snowpack up North. It's nice for once to not be worried about wildfires - it's a nice change of pace. With the weather getting stranger and stranger, we've had a much cooler and wetter Fall and Winter than usual in Arizona. Rob

We have had a really wet winter and spring. The mountains are full of snow and a few resorts will be open most of the summer for skiing so our fire risk should be much lower than usual.

Thread Information