Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: this week I want to run a food truck

this week I want to run a food truck

I get a lot of ideas, and my sister and I talk about them while knowing that neither one of us is taking out our retirement funds to start this. So my fun idea (yes it is not for real so don't be a debby downer please) is a food truck. Ahhh, I love cooking for people. So it could be a tea/pastry kinda truck. I would make lovely tea, maybe some coffee but I am not good at that since I never drink it. Turmeric tea is 'new' and I love it. I make fruity iced tea with green tea and berry tea with stevia for my summer iced tea. I could make muffins and our family danish pastry and some scones if they are still cool. Then have an egg sandwich and some fruit like cutie oranges.

The other idea is a vegetarian food truck. With the fruity iced tea of course, and mint limeade. Either bowls or wraps. The protein would be BBQ tempeh, spicy soy/ginger tofu or black beans. The grains would be rice or quinoa, but trying something like farro would be interesting. Then lots of veggie options like the cucumber radish salad and roasted beets in raspberry vinagrette to add on. Of course some type of fat/dressing like avacado or flavored mayo.

Well it is nice to dream,

I’ll be right over for lunch....

I recently decided to read Anne of Green Gables. You and Anne share an imagination. 😊

And my son always talks about so many things he could do ... knowing many of them won’t happen. But he loves to dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I recently decided to read Anne of Green Gables. You and Anne share an imagination. 

And my son always talks about so many things he could do ... knowing many of them won’t happen. But he loves to dream.

I love Anne, read her books as a child. BTW my real name is not Zoe, it is Anne (with an E!!!)

Does your area allow food trucks? Chicago is very restrictive on them, due to lobbying from the fixed location restaurants.

Some time ago I daydreamed something similar. Food truck seem pretty popular these days. From what I've seen around they are sort of the opposite of any sort of health food. Might be a niche in the right place or a bust for a lot of places. There was a food truck that came to an old place of employment often enough I learned a few odds and ends from the lady. She only sold burritos, but of all sorts. I'm pretty sure she made a reasonable income. I remember that it was a family business with her husband and son doing some of the prep work from home. The burritos were very good. People would line up for them.

We have a lot of food trucks here but only at events or festivals. My middle name is Anne because my mom name was Annabelle.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My middle name is Anne because my mom name was Annabelle.
    I have a tendency to associate names and phrases with song lyrics. Now I'll never not be able to hear The Hollies singing "Hey, Terry (Carrie) Anne, what's your game now can anybody play?" when I see your posts.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

That’s funny Alan!

Yes there are lots of food trucks around here and it is pretty open. I found 4 vegan food trucks in Denver. We are hip like that! But also a big city. Years ago there was one with everything on a stick, including mashed potatoes? I never had food there. There is a place in Boulder that basically has an indoor bar and then foodtrucks. So it is very possible. I was so super, stinkin happy when I went to an all day punk show and found a veggie dog! When I went back for a second one they were sold out. I know several Buddhist, punk, vegans. So a vegetarian food truck parked outside a punk show?

I spent money on food for lunches including food to try out some of my ideas. Then feed people next,

Thread Information