Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: this week I want to run a food truck

I briefly entertained the idea of being a PI. I would have been great doing computer searches; the undercover stuff not so much.

I've never thought about running a food cart. though Portland has lots of excellent ones, I hear--including the inevitable vegan venues. I had a veggie dog at a cart in Portland many years ago. They say daydreaming is good for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Yes there are lots of food trucks around here and it is pretty open. I found 4 vegan food trucks in Denver. We are hip like that! But also a big city. Years ago there was one with everything on a stick, including mashed potatoes?

Is milk allowed for vegan cooking or were they just smashed potatoes?
    Isn't a vegan food truck, a produce truck?

The mashed potato thing wasnt on a vegan truck, so i assume milk was involved, and butter.

I didnt read the menus of the vegan trucks, however they weren't raw food. You can mix and match and cook after all.

Official "Vegan" can't include milk, but they can make mashed potatoes out of some of the things like soy or almond milk. And there's a lot of non-milk "butters" out there.....just vegetable shortening with coloring.

A local food truck for a number of years did nothing but crepes with all sorts of fillings that could adapt to many diets. They eventually established a bricks and mortar crepe restaurant which is doing very well.
    Dreaming is very important in so many ways so don't ever stop doing that to carry you through the down times and inspire the up times.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Thank you all for the encouragement to dream!

There's used to be a crepe truck in our neighborhood too! We used to stop there all the time for dessert after going out to dinner. My other favorite are the shrimp trucks on Oahu.

My sister is going to taste test my vegan pastry, and she is experimenting with healthier cupcakes, who knows about a weekend thing some day

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I love Anne, read her books as a child. BTW my real name is not Zoe, it is Anne (with an E!!!)
    Wow, coincidentally, I just sent my SIL a text and by mistake I spelled her name ..ann.. with an e on the end. I apologized, explaining that my middle name is Anne so adding the e is reflexive. I really like that name. It was my MILs name, too, although her birth name was Annie.

Regarding the food truck, if you ever get around to being serious about it, do your market research! When you're running a business it doesn't matter if YOU love tea and pastries. (Although I LOVE that idea--kind of a modern version of the "high tea"--you could do little watercress sandwiches cut in slim quarters.)

Vegan probably has a lot of potential where you live.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yes Catherine, the market research is important. I know what I like, and not often what other people like.

I also was looking at start up costs. If we are not cooking that much then that really reduces what we need. No fryers or stove tops, just electricity and space. Who knows

Thread Information