Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad Situation

Wish the world had more people like the two of you. A beautiful example of the golden rule. In this day's news of bombs, disasters, and murders, it is a refreshing story of a kind act.

Well they leave next Tuesday and return home Friday or Saturday.? I really hope that they can extend her life as she is only 64. I bet there will be stories to tell)

Cancer has a way of changing people and their priorities. Perhaps she has had time to reflect and now realizes how important family is during times like this. She must be anxious and scared. I hope she is solid with those kids. I know I would be really unhappy not being told, no matter what I had going on in my life.

Her youngest knows how bad she is but doesn’t know she needs someone to go to her last chance place which they will share as soon as she has her evaluation. I shared on another forum and the responses ranged from don’t do anything to how to care for her through her illness. I made it clear it’s a one time thing but people kept saying we needed to do more no matter what I said. It was bizarre.

So she calls us tonight and says her dog sitter has a cancellation and can do all the pets. She still wants us to come Saturday to meet everyone and see how much to feed in case she goes for treatment. With the 2 of us we would be fine with that. Then we talked and realized we miss our big guy taking him for 4 mile walks, etc. But won’t have another because of my asthma. We decided together that we would like to help her big dog get socialized and learn to walk on a leash so it can get a home when she is gone. So we are going to ask if we can walk him 4xs a week since the dog is only a year old. We will just say we miss Noki.

So interesting update. Went yesterday and found out that the oldest has been stealing her money. Took the last 37k so she is broke. Although she has a very large pension and SS. She changed her locks and will. Her psychiatrist said that he is dangerous for her and she should never have a relationship with him. They shared a bank account that only she contributed to so he had access to the money while he helped to fix her house. He has a professional job as does his husband and we kinda thought he was living beyond his means. He also hired a private investigator and was looking at declaring her incompetent. She definitely is not and the youngest asked us to testify for her if it gets that far. I will be happy if I never see that evil kid again.

Wow. That is so terrible. Hopefully the younger one can step in and help protect her. What a way to spend end days.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

How sad this whole situation has turned out to be.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

How sharper than a serpents tooth it is to have a thankless child.

Took them to the airport yesterday and she said she moved everything into a trust and got all her POA’s in order. So glad she was able to do that. My husband said that the people at the center are wonderful. Other patients were saying that they come alone for treatment so sounds like you only need someone to go the first time.

Thread Information