Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sad Situation

So just found out a really good friend of mine for 44 years just died in New York. Then the ex called me to give me some new appointment dates and then she needed to talk for a hour which I totally understand. What we have in common is our love for their son. I am so sick of losing family and friends to cancer. It’s overwhelming to be on this journey again. I keep reminding myself it’s a gift to my stepson who I adore.

Yppej
    Hang in their TT. Thinking of you.

I'm so sorry, TT. My condolences to all.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My stepson and his girlfriend came home on Sunday. Because the military has a travel ban he needed a one star general to sign the request. So happy he did because today his mom is hospitalized with a blood count of 40 and side effects from the chemo. They are trying to stabilize her and she won’t do any more chemo. Like many of you have experienced he cannot be at the hospital with her. We are getting her griffin brexeollis Wednesday before he leaves. Helga is 7 years old and obese big time. Luckily my best friend and her husband want her if she gets along with their 2 dogs. Keeping my fingers crossed because I really don’t want 3 dogs.

Prayers to all.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Marianne rallied and went home and had some quality time with her son. He stayed 2 weeks. He finally finished school and was on his way home and she died today. 2 weeks ago we took Helga the dog to visit and she had a good day. She ate cake, had a tiny drink and was dressed. We laughed and talked for 3 hours. My best friend adopted the dog. During the past year I have come to like her and feel terrible that she is gone.

So sorry to hear.

Oh my. Glad her dog is cared for.

She had a big dog, small dog and young cat. The big dog went to her best friend’s that lives on a acre and also has a big dog. The cat went to a good friend of my stepson’s. We would have taken Helga if we had too. It’s a better fit at my friends as they are all about 20lbs and the same age. Marianne was relieved that all went to awesome homes.

I'm sorry Terry.

Thread Information