Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad Situation

She just wanted my opinion about in light of the dementia should she quit chemo. I told her to get neuro-cognitive testing to see what stage she is in before making that decision. My guess is that it’s a early stage and she won’t need to make that decision for awhile. Basically we talked for a hour and helped her process it.

TT,
    you are both being very compassionate while maintaining your own family's boundaries. Hats off.

I am updating this thread because of a new sad development. My husband’s ex called to update us on her health. Her cancer continues to spread with more tumors on her liver. They are trying 2 new medications with a lot of horrible side effects. She is meeting her youngest son in Florida at his uncle’s for Xmas. Her dog sitter isn’t returning her texts so I told her we have it covered. She rehomed the big active big dog to some co worker with a farm. He looks so happy in the video and has horses and a big dog playmate. The dogs live in the house. He is a special dog that was a abused previously. She needed someone to talk to and we talked for a hour. I had a big cry when we got off the phone. I feel so bad for her, my step son and all the events she will miss in his life. I didn’t expect to be so upset. She only has months to live.

Yppej
    These things do take away any bitterness, don't they? I felt the same about my ex who gave me so much grief after he passed away. I just thought of a life cut short and my son's loss.

Y, yes absolutely. I am glad I am not the only one that feels like that. I love my step son and feel so bad for him.

I can't imagine the pain of leaving my kids and not being able to see them grow up. She is so lucky to have you.

Our son is 30 and just got his wings in the Air Force to fly and be a navigator. She raised him until 13 and then we did. He quit high school at 17 and joined the air guard. He worked his way up from mechanic to cyber security and now. He earned a degree and got one of the last slots a year ago before he aged out. She will never see him married or have kids.

I'm so sorry for everyone. Prayers to all.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I am glad you are there for her and for your son, Terry.

Just ((hugs)) fortitude and resilience lady!

Thread Information