Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Jussie Smollette case

Rob, Rahm is known locally as “Rahmbo.”

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Rob, Rahm is known locally as “Rahmbo.”
    Tradd, just curious, does this name fit him? I'm thinking you would know much better than I as you live in Chicago and hear of him and his actions much more often than I do. Rob

I was very disappointed that he did this and I imagine his career is over. I think he should've been prosecuted. However, TBH, this doesn't bother me as much as wealthy young rapists getting a slap on the wrist.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    I was very disappointed that he did this and I imagine his career is over. I think he should've been prosecuted. However, TBH, this doesn't bother me as much as wealthy young rapists getting a slap on the wrist.
    Or wealthy old rapists like Jeffrey Epstein in Florida. Or a lot of other rich miscreants.
    I think Smollett is mostly just pitiful, but I do think he should reimburse the taxpayers.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Or wealthy old rapists like Jeffrey Epstein in Florida. Or a lot of other rich miscreants.
    I think Smollett is mostly just pitiful, but I do think he should reimburse the taxpayers.
    Agree. DJG has announced that the FBI is going to investigate why the charges were dismissed.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

City of Chicago is now seeking $130K from JS for the cost of the investigation. 7 days to pay and if he doesn’t, they may prosecute.

https://wgntv.com/2019/03/28/jussie-...ment-thursday/

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Given that he hasn't been convicted of anything, I can't think of a legal basis for reimbursement being compelled.

I find it odd the huge media attention being paid to this event, when every day folks are being forced by the heavy hand of the state to accept plea bargain deals for things they didn't do:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.ec8a6418a603

Bae, couldn’t read as it’s behind a paywall but I have heard this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Bae, couldn’t read as it’s behind a paywall but I have heard this before.
    I have found if you open the link in a “new incognito window” that most of those news sites let you see a single article.

Thread Information