Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Work is fairly miserable right now

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I realize that a) I'm in San Francisco where average expectations may be different, and b) I work for a highly scrutinized mega-corp that dots all their i's and cross all their t's for everything HR, or otherwise, regulatory related, but although we don't have a single private office, we do have a privacy room that has no windows and does have a lock on the door. (I think it's actually called a quiet room.) The main reason it exists is for lactating mothers who might need to pump breast milk. But it would work equally well as a prayer room. There are even lockers in it where one could store a prayer rug (or a lactation pump).
    No such thing here. And if you have need for such a space, you calmly and politely make your needs known - before the very minute you need such a space.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I deleted everything as t was just too much. Basically, we had a guy from one of our overseas office, who is a very devout Muslim, in the office for a few weeks. Going around to different offices in different countries to get exposure to how things are done. The problem was that guy was causing a ruckus when there wasn’t a private place for him to pray (he actually threw people out of their offices), called me a racist and an Islamaphobe when I told him he can’t take the exam for the license I have since he’s not a US citizen, even after being shown the regulations. It was stuff of that sort. He was finally packed off back overseas today. We just couldn’t deal with him anymore. He was disruptive and trying to get work done was very difficult.

He was pleasant enough when he wasn’t causing a ruckus. I don’t know if he’s like that in his home country (not a Muslim majority country) or if he decided to just play it up since he was in the US.
    Wow, I'd say it was a relief that he's gone, alright. Threw people out of their offices? Unreal.

Thread Information