Thread: speaking of food trucks

speaking of food trucks

I met a friend for dinner and told him my idea, he said he will look for a trailer. He is working on a mini-bus with a wheelchair lift right now. He is not a BS person, actually gets things done. Right now I am shopping to replace my Honda CRV with a Subaru Forester. The towing capacities go from 1500 lb to 2400 lb (plus I wanted to get the subaru soon already, no harm done if the business does not happen).

Then I found the perfect tea kettle at Target for $100. It will heat water to several different temperatures, 190 for black tea, 170 for green and then a couple more settings. It will also hold at those temperatures. My idea is 3 kettles that hold at different temperatures so I can make any kind of tea right away. I am ready for a new kettle and I have wanted to splurge on a good one. I could make sure it works out.

Hmm this may happen

I love those kettles. I bought my DD this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CPK...gateway&sr=8-5

But I bought this one because I like the gooseneck feature.

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Goos...ateway&sr=8-35

I use it for coffee (pouring it into a French Press coffee pot) and for tea. I know that with different teas it's important to brew at different temperatures, so you're smart to get a kettle with a thermostat.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Talk to the health dept. first. Is there any point to the kettle, if you have to throw it out, because it isn't NSF certified?

I wish we could have nice food trucks in my community :-(

Commercial rents are very very expensive, and the supply controlled by a handful of people. Between those landlords and the local brick-and-mortar restaurant operators, they have successfully lobbied county government year after year to keep food trucks and stands and such basically impossible to have. The usual argument they presented in front of the Planning Commission was "it's unfair competition to those of us who have to pay rent...".

Grrrr.

I wish you wonderful luck on your project! And I hope your local regulatory environment cooperates!

I will check with health dept, but i would use this one at home anyway

Bae that stinks. Are they the same people who say young people have no initiative or otherwise complain? Rentals of any sort here are so expensive I can't imagine making a new business successful

Thread Information